PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost lot of money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost lot of money

I am from a poor family . I play on a local site. I lost over $40 and that meant a lot to me .Deposited $10 ,lost it .... deposited $10 again ,lost it and similarly $4 five times .....LOST it all . I didn't told my dad about it. I had to return this money back. I lose a lot .... A lot of Bad beats and all....:'(

a) you must never deposit more money than you can afford to lose.

b) how old are you?

Comment

If you cannot afford to lose, you can still play for play-money and freerolls.

Comment

I am eighteen years old . I wanted to earn through poker and help my family but I .... did it All wrong ...

Comment

read and learn for free here at PSO and continue to play for free till you understand and start finishing in the money GOOD LUCK
          Last edited by RiverFlat; Sat Oct 26, 2013, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Have respect for everyone and the new members here but almost sounds like your asking for donations ????????????
            Please dont . All members and Pso will frown on you . PLAY WITHIN YOUR MEANS and Learn for free thumbup
            Last edited by RiverFlat; Sat Oct 26, 2013, 01:14 AM.

Comment

I would give you tip to start grinding your BR up with freerolls. It can be done quite easily. Move to small money poker after your BR is up to 50$. Read my blog and my 0 to hero challenge thread to for any advice. If you need help with freerolls pls PM me anytime I help in any way I can to get your BR climbing up with freerolls!!
              Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

hero of poker

u dont need to go freerolls and any thing else all u need is to be focus on what yur playin.poker is not a game of luck and bubble play!its a skill poker like chess game and defending yur stocks.
                Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by siingh View Post
                  I am eighteen years old . I wanted to earn through poker and help my family but I .... did it All wrong ...
                  If losing say $20 is huge to you then you should look at taking advantage of promotions like the Team Online week http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/prom...s-online-week/ or using the deposit bonus to play the "Privileged Freerolls" for a nice bankroll boost. If you're just depositing small amounts of money over and over, buying into games well beyond what your bankroll can sustain then you will go broke more often than not. I'd suggest reading this first http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...oll-Management and also the other courses/videos that can give you some direction to manage your money and become better. umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by superthight View Post
                    u dont need to go freerolls and any thing else all u need is to be focus on what yur playin.poker is not a game of luck and bubble play!its a skill poker like chess game and defending yur stocks.
                    Without any BR freerolls are best way hehehehe
                    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

no lose

there is only 1 solution for u go to playmoney and u never lose a single dollar yet yur playmoney always reloaded every hour.no worry free .now u can help yur family while having fun.
                      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by superthight View Post
                        there is only 1 solution for u go to playmoney and u never lose a single dollar yet yur playmoney always reloaded every hour.no worry free .now u can help yur family while having fun.
                        Little harsh there. I am just trying to help him grow his BR from 0 so he can help his family. No need for pointless trolling umbup:
                        Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

I agree with roslyn, freerolls are great to learn how to play without any risk and as she has done you can build a bankroll from nothing over time. You should never gamble with money you can not afford to lose and you should never chase your losses as that will lead to losing more. And not only that you will be playing scared and under pressure on the tables which is never good as you need to be focused to play your best. If you want to learn how to play poker your in the right place there is a lot of very good advice to be found here on PSO. But this game is not a get rich scheme and you will not make money over night to provide for your family, its takes a lot of effort to make money playing poker i'v been playing for around 4 years and this is my first year playing on pokerstars with real money that i have deposited ( the first 3 years was spent mainly playing freerolls ) and i am looking at being break even at best for my first year. So my advice is learn the game and play as hobby/pastime and enjoy the game and be realistic about your goals. Hope this helps DDumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by DrDonkin View Post
                            I agree with roslyn, freerolls are great to learn how to play without any risk and as she has done you can build a bankroll from nothing over time. You should never gamble with money you can not afford to lose and you should never chase your losses as that will lead to losing more. And not only that you will be playing scared and under pressure on the tables which is never good as you need to be focused to play your best. If you want to learn how to play poker your in the right place there is a lot of very good advice to be found here on PSO. But this game is not a get rich scheme and you will not make money over night to provide for your family, its takes a lot of effort to make money playing poker i'v been playing for around 4 years and this is my first year playing on pokerstars with real money that i have deposited ( the first 3 years was spent mainly playing freerolls ) and i am looking at being break even at best for my first year. So my advice is learn the game and play as hobby/pastime and enjoy the game and be realistic about your goals. Hope this helps DDumbup:
                            umbup:umbup:umbup:umbup: For everything Dr just said
                            Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

It's gambling my friend. Accept the fact that you'll either win or lost.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.