PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rubbish avatars!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rubbish avatars!



    Some are just awful! I mean what is this? "Look you better be scared brah, I is got a gun and everything, plus the shades as well, brrrrap brap brap"

    Have any other shockers caught your eye?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Rob Sharona View Post
    Some are just awful! I mean what is this? "Look you better be scared brah, I is got a gun and everything, plus the shades as well, brrrrap brap brap" Have any other shockers caught your eye?
    well there is this nightmare-inducing one: [IMG]//media.intellipoker.com/images/users/R/Rob_Sharona_avatar.png[/IMG]

    Comment


    • #3
      If you find a players image distatefull or inappropriate, give a PS Chat Mod a call, they will take a look for you.
      Moderator

      Comment


      • #4
        I am unoffendable! I just thought it was rubbish!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TweedleBeetl View Post
          well there is this nightmare-inducing one: [IMG]//media.intellipoker.com/images/users/R/Rob_Sharona_avatar.png[/IMG]

          Comment


          • #6
            You might like to read Daleroxxu's blog regarding players' avatars. Enjoy!
            2 Time Bracelet Winner


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by HokyPokyToo View Post
              You might like to read Daleroxxu's blog regarding players' avatars. Enjoy!
              Hahaha, awesome.

              I read another good tip somewhere about cartoon characters giving an idea of someone's age. Pokemon/Dragonball etc indicates teenagers, Thundercats/He-Man indicates late 20s/30s

              Comment


              • #8
                Dale's article is brilliant! Didn't find my avatar on the list, so I have at least some prospects in poker, I guess BTW, can someone explain what is Athene/Chiren 80 and what's so bad about it?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by opium.nT View Post
                  Dale's article is brilliant! Didn't find my avatar on the list, so I have at least some prospects in poker, I guess BTW, can someone explain what is Athene/Chiren 80 and what's so bad about it?
                  Athene/Chiren80 is a 'famous' hardcore gamer, having achieved some ridiculous feats of endurance and grinding in a game called World of Warcraft.

                  Athene took this grinding ethic and managed to make the swap to poker. He initially deposited $10, but he quickly grew this and now multi-tables 24 tables, and even set a challenge to himself to play 1 million hands in a single month.

                  What this resulted in was lots of little WOW fans doing the same thing. If you find one of these at your table, they will be awful!!
                  I'm not 100% on this but I think that Chiren did a promotion where he gave you a dollar if you had his face as your avatar. What that does is highlight this unique type of newbie!

                  Maybe someone can clarify that a bit better?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've thought about removing my avatar to just a plain background.

                    Avatars become noticeable and I'd rather just stay in the background. I just wish I'd have picked a name like bob34256 - which, I've been told, is an indication of a bad player. (reasoning is they don't put any thought into their username)
                    Bracelet Winner

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Baby avatars. HATE THEM!!! I'll usually right click on them and engage the "hide avatar" option.

                      I mean seriously,save for grandmothers,does ANYONE like looking at other peoples baby pics? Yeah,me neither. So why do these cretins feel compelled to force their kid's pics on us at the tables?

                      I will and have used this to my advantage though. Give me an obviously tiltable player who's going with the baby pic avatar and I'll invariably be typing something along the lines of...

                      "That's the ugliest dog (purposely "confusing" their baby for a dog really gets some peeps pissed)
                      I've ever seen."

                      or..."Man,that is one ugly kid,the doctor should have slapped you."

                      Stuff like that,infantile and in poor taste admittedly,but then so is showing your ugly ass kid's picture at the table.

                      Comment


                      • #12

                        Copyright goes to Biggle10 from 2p2.


                        I almost get sick when I see a koala pic as an avatar, I guess everyone has their own least favourites.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I've just seen a rather lame tiger one. Sat right next to him though is a cat wearing a hoodie!! <3

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            On the flip side one of my favorite avatars ever was an American who played in the old PSO Skill League,before Black Friday.

                            It tied in with his user-name and was really rather clever,I thought.

                            The picture was a "selfie" of himself in blue body paint. His user name?

                            "IBlueMyself"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rob Sharona View Post
                              I read another good tip somewhere about cartoon characters giving an idea of someone's age. Pokemon/Dragonball etc indicates teenagers, Thundercats/He-Man indicates late 20s/30s
                              hmmm....what about video games?
                              2 Time Bracelet Winner


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.