PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

Odds help!!

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Odds help!!

    I have learned a little about odds on my own from reading posts here and at other places, but I just can't figure this one out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Lets just say you have a four flush on the flop and nothing else, how do you figure the odds to see if one of the next 2 cards will be your suit??????

    thanks, torax

  • #2
    With 4 of a suit and 5 known cards there are 9 outs of 47 cards for the turn. The river will have 9 outs of 46 cards. You figure the probability of an event NOT occuring so:

    (47-9)/47 = 38/47 = .8085 is the probability you won't see your suit on the turn, and:

    (46-9)/46 = 37/46 = .8043 for the river.

    he combined probability of each of these is:
    .8085 * .8043 = .6503

    meaning that 65% of the time yor flush DOES NOT make by the river. Conversely 35% of the time it does make. To figure the odds you use 65%/35% = 1.86:1 against


    • #3
      Let's Simplify.

      9 outs with 2 cards to come: multiply by 4!!

      4 * 9 = 36% (chance to hit!!)

      with 1 card to come, multiply by 2!

      2 * 9 = 18% (18% chance)

      Not exact - but easy to use at the table!!



      X Cookies Information

      We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.