PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fun or winning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun or winning?

so simple question what came first

fun at the tables

or winning at the tables

Grade b
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Winning is fun...

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Fadyen View Post
      Winning is fun...
      +1000000umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I haven´t tried that winning yet, but you guys here in PSO make learning fun!!
        Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Winning is my focus. I don't play poker to be social.

I try to take as much money off people and stop them taking mine.

Comment

Winning is a buzz. It sure beats losing!

But if I wasn't enjoying the game I wouldn't play. Even when I am winning the money is not at a level to make that much difference. I wouldn't continue to play if I was constantly losing, but as long as I am having fun, breaking even or making a little profit I am going to play for the fun of it.

Having so much fun in the PSO series - don't even know if I am winning or not.

Ed
            4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

In all seriousness I play to win but I think if you're not having fun then you shouldn't be playing. Also having fun can help you win in my experience. Often losing is annoying and winning is a relief and it's the challenge of playing that's fun and the more fun you have the more positive your mind set will be which should equal a better standard of play.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

I agree most with Edin- I enjoy playing cards (except RAZZ )I plan to win every game I play, but if I lose no big deal I just start over.

edin-- I couldn't even find the leader board. Thanks to sandtrap I know where I stand now.

should have read it all first. fadyen is right on too.

But the question was what came first and I think (other than playing with family) it was winning.
                Last edited by taxi128; Mon Aug 05, 2013, 05:55 PM.
                Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ed and taxi,

It's in the news section like the other ones were. Here's a link.
                  -----

I'm definitely equal opportunity at the tables.. if you have chips.. I want them!

John (JWK24)
                  Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Fadyen View Post
                    In all seriousness I play to win but I think if you're not having fun then you shouldn't be playing. Also having fun can help you win in my experience. Often losing is annoying and winning is a relief and it's the challenge of playing that's fun and the more fun you have the more positive your mind set will be which should equal a better standard of play.

This is me at the moment, yesterday i was very relaxed and really enjoyed the games, and guess what took a hit to the stack and pah no matter still 30 bb left plenty of time......ended up in second place.

Cash games are different than tournaments for me but i need to be having fun / relaxed to play my best

Grade b
                    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Grade b View Post
                      so simple question what came first fun at the tables or winning at the tables Grade b
                      If I read your question correctly fun was first. When I first started playing it was all for fun, I had no idea on what I was doing so when I had a winning session it was great. It is funny that when you don't know what you are doing there is no such thing as tilt. Once I got a bit of a clue on how to play, I thought ohh great now I am going to win a ton, so then winning was the most important thing. I soon forgot that there are players who are where I used to be and had no idea what they were doing. That is when I discovered "Tilt" I would get really upset if somebody called me with lets say J 2 and won a hand. Now I think I am in the perfect frame of mind for poker. I still go on tilt from time to time, but it is very rare. I have fun playing all the different types of players, and skill levels and adjusting my game to play the best I can against them. I just try to make the best decisions I can and try to stay one or two steps ahead of my opponents which is really fun. I would say now it is all about having fun while making the right decisions and the winning takes care of itself. umbup:
                      Tournament of Champions Winner 2014

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Roslyn_akka View Post
                        I haven´t tried that winning yet, but you guys here in PSO make learning fun!!
                        +1000 umbup: Nice sentiment Roslyn, I'll second that! Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.