PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA Poker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA Poker

or online poker and work don't mix.

In the 1:00 pm $200 NLHE I decided to play while on a conference call. With PSO on the desktop, answering e-mail on the laptop and the headset to the phone on I get 99 in EP just when I have to actually talk on the darned call. I call whatever the bet is and the flop is 976 rainbow. I bet either 1/2 the pot or the pot and get raised and re-raised from 2 goot players. Thinking that I called an open raise from UTG I figure no one is playing T-8 and I am against a smaller set and an overpair so I jam with top set. The button calls and flips over the T-8 I just couldn't believe they would call a raise with pre-flop.

I then change the window to show the play and see that there was no pre-flop raise. However, on the hand JUST BEFORE this one I had called a pre-flop pot raise with TT.

Moral of the story: PAY ATTENTION TO THE TABLE :!:

And it might be wise to keep the play listing in the window so you can do a quick review as well.

There are worse things than busting out 41 of 43 due to your own stupidity. I hope the rest of the weekend is better.

p.s. Should we have a "STUPIDEST PLAYS OF THE WEEK" contest?

I have a stupid hand that I am ashamed of. I get T9 :s: on the button and call a small raise to enter the pot. Flop comes down QJ8 :h: I can't believe my luck, I flopped the straight. And in all my stupidity, I decide to slow play the straight. Next card to come out is another :h:, but for some reason, I don't notice that. So what do I do? I go all in of course. The other player calls and flips over AT :h: I was so embarrased that I just left the table. No goodbye or anything. I had to run and hide in shame. ops:

Comment

Working...
    X