PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSO - A great Christmas Gift

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSO - A great Christmas Gift

I have started working on my Christmas shopping list. And there are a couple of people that I would like to give a "trial Membership" in PSO as a gift.

I envision being able to buy 1-12 months of membership in the name of my friends. I give you their email address, and you send them a "Christmas Card" welcome message.

Of course, you would be free to solicit them as regular members after my gift was over.

What do you think? Could we work something out?

Anyone else out there want to do the same thing?

Gift of Trial Membership- YES!

What a fantastic idea!! Thanks for the suggestion.

We are delighted to create a mechanism for giving your friends a chance to learn how helpful and fun the School is with a 1- 12 month Trial Membership.

We will come back to you within the next 2 days with a form you can use within PokerSchoolOnline.com to enter info for giving Gifts.

Here is what we are thinking:
    We can email out a 'Gift Card' to your friends on Dec 24 (soon enough?) saying something like:

' You've been given a Gift of YYYY months Trial Membership to PokerSchoolOnline.com from XXX (would you prefer your UserName or Real Name on the e-card?). Your membership begins today! Just click on the "Sign-in" button on the left column at www.pokerschoolonline.com, and enter the UserName: AAA and Password: BBB.'

Please send any suggestions for the card contents to kathy@pokerpages.com or post them here.

Again, thanks for such a great suggestion.
    Kathy

Comment

That is a great idea :idea: :!:

Comment

A few suggestions Mark.

1. I would like to have the card sent out around 12/20. Everyone is so busy that time of year. I am afraid they might not check email on Christmas Eve. I wouldn't want them to think that I forgot.

2. I think the card should be from my real name. They don't even know my screen name. Let your form give me room to put this info in.

3. Rather than have their membership start on the day the card is sent, have it start when they log onto and download the software for the first time. Again, so many people travel during the holidays that they could lose half of their gift before they had a chance to use it.

4. Also, it would be nice to give them the option to change their username and password after they have signed.

Thanks for your help Mark. I hope that I will be able to give you several new members this year.

And, let me be the first to say Merry Christmas!

Comment

+++ HERE's HOW TO GIVE THE GIFT of POKERSCHOOLONLINE +++

To give a month (2 or 3 or...) or year membership to your friends-- just email gift@pokerschoolonline.com info in the ‘TO SEND A GIFT’ section below. You can pay by PayPal or Credit Card.

We will send each friend a gift email (in ‘SAMPLE GIFT EMAIL’ below) on December 19th, with instructions how to activate their account. Their gift membership will begin when they activate their account.

What could be easier??
          (Psssttt-- It’s also a gift to you; it makes gift-giving a breeze!!! )

Have a Happy Holidays one and all, from PokerSchoolOnline

*** TO SEND A GIFT ***
          For each gift membership to PokerSchoolOnline.com, please email gift@pokerschoolonline.com the following information:

1. The Gift Receiver’s Name

2. The Gift Receiver’s Email Address

3. Your Real Name (or as you want it to appear on the email gift card)

4. Your Email Address (as you want it to appear on the email gift card)

5. The number of months membership you wish to give at $14.95 per month, OR if you prefer to give a year’s membership at $149.95.

6. Referral ID (optional): If you would like this gift to count as a referral (minimum 3 months gift is required to trigger a referral award), include your referralID number for credit. If you need a Referral ID, please read about our refer-a-friend program at http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/pok...efer/index.htm.

7. PAYMENT METHOD.
          You can pay either by Credit Card (send info a-f below) or by PayPal to billing@pokerschoolonline.com (be sure to ID both Your Name and Gift Receivers Name on PayPal's comment section so we know who's account to apply it to).

To manually bill your Credit Card, please provide a-f:
          a. Name as it appears on your Credit Card
          b. Billing Address- exactly as it appears on your Credit Card billing Statement-- be sure even abbreviations, periods, and spaces match.
          c. Security Code- the 3 digits on the far right the long string of digits appearing on the magnetic strip side of your credit card
          d. Credit Card Type either Visa or MasterCard
          e. Credit card number- Suggestion- send this in 2 emails, using words as well as numbers to minimize the chance anyone getting it. (include your Name in the 2nd email so we can ID it)
          f. Expiration Date- month and year

*** SAMPLE GIFT EMAIL YOUR FRIEND RECEIVES ***

Happy Holidays ____GIFT-RECEIVER’s-NAME____________,

Your Poker Playing Friend: __GIVER’s NAME_____at: GIFT GIVER’s EMAIL ADDRESS__ has given you a Gift of ____NUMBER OF MONTHS OR YEARS___ Membership to www.PokerSchoolOnline.com.

Your gift membership begins when you active your gift. To activate your gift, follow instructions (at bottom) how to register without using a credit card….. (text about PSO, and how to register follows).

Comment

Working...
          X