PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which do you prefer to play 9 player or 6 player SNG? and why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which do you prefer to play 9 player or 6 player SNG? and why?

Here on PS, I noticed a 9 player SNG and a 6 player SNG.
    The differences are going to be the number of starting players and the number of prizes or places paid out.

( same buy in, same turbo or not, same skill level, your choice )

Which do you prefer?

You can place yourself against better players, or worse or more loose.

Do you like the speed of a 6 player SNG to get to two paid places
    or the more opportunity for play or to recover with 9 players and 3 paid spots.

Personally, I like the 9 player SNG.
    I find it is still relatively fast,
    but I get much more of a sense of read, more chances to make a 'play'
    more chances to recover from a failed play or bad beat.
    6 players SNG seem to play a little too wild for me, and there is little time for 'play'
    It is more of a duck shoot.

I wonder which is more popular on the sites?

Don't know if this would be a factor, but anyone in the Battle of the Planets may want to check out the points earned for making it to the money and how many are needed to qualify for the weekly prizes. As an example, Mercury needs better than 425 points for top 100 and 525 points for the monthly big game. All I would say is do the math for breakeven and top prize money.

Comment

6 player is better more hands and alot faster

Comment

but long tournys I like 9 player

Comment

I'd say I like 9-man SnGs more. There's more time to wait for good hands and more time to let the LAGs take each other out. But there's an exception: 6-man satellites. Top 2 places get a ticket AND the 3rd place gets you the leftover cash.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.