PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHAPS POKER OUTING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHAPS POKER OUTING

well, we have a couple of people coming to town soon, and we need to schedule some sort of poker outing, wether it be a game at harrah's for all to enjoy, or hollywood(which i dont want to do, but i will), or chicago tourny, or home game, as zipman, mrs.zipman( i think) and top2pair are all coming into town in the first week of december. this will have to be a weeknight outing, but i am hoping many will show up. please respond to this post with any ideas, times and dates that are best and we can all get something worked out with plenty of notice for all to come. this is going to be a lot of fun, hope to see many people there. 8)

jmuzzey lsogc

Wherever it happens, I will be there. I assume that that won't scare everyone away.

I will have bathed sometime in the week previous, have already shaved this year, and will wear pants for the occasion.

Bill

Comment

I live in Chicago, and would love to join your esteemed group if you will have me! Enjoy playing with you online and would love to meet you live. I would prefer Harrahs, personally.

Keep me posted. Thank you.

Tim

Comment

Well IMO the best thing to do would be to Play a Rockford Tourney, If in Chicago... Maybe a Caravan to Rockford?...The players there are average at best and the ring games can be very $$$. 2nd best thing to do would be a house game..can't play at mine thou 3rd would be to go to Harrahs....I heard that Hollywood is kind of lame.

Can't Wait

Tony D

Comment

I may be in Chicago sometime that first week of December. Add me to the list of possible players. My preference would be the Rockford tourney.

Comment

You call it & I will try to be there. I perfer a tournament outing but will go along with the group.

The Rockford tourneys are held on tuesdays in the Chicago area & fridays & saturdays in Rockford area if you are thinking about them.

Sailor Moe
            2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I have a 9am meeting in Gurnee, where ever the hell that is, Wednesday morning. Other than that, my schedule is wide open. Lemme know what the scoop is.

Bob

Comment

i would prefer a tournament or harrahs over home game. the tourny idea sounds good as long as they are holding one on that tuesday, as the new schedule is not out yet. we could even get a single table sat set up with just the people from pso if you all would like. i have found in the past, that putting a bunch of people from pso at one table for a ring game, makes for some very uninteresting action, almost non existent. that is why i say avoid the home game, it just wouldnt be profitable playing with a bunch of rocks. and i would be the only maniac in the game. this should be a good time, i would hope that zipman can stay out late and still wake up early enough for his meeting.........

jmuzzey

Comment

I can stay up very late and not have any problems. If we play a single table sat (series like last time?) at your house (I presume, unless you have something else in mind?), how far of a drive will I have to make to get to Gurnee? Any idea?

Just lemme know!

Bob
                  Attached Files

Comment

Jay I can get the dates for Chicago if you like...if that is what everyone wants to do. :roll: Let me know.

I was first out last Saturday. A real bummer! ops:

Sailor Moe
                    2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Sounds like we are playing the Chicago rockford charitable tourney. Do I correctly read the thread? Gurnee is just north of the city I believe, and directions for bob will be easy. I still think I'll be there

Bill

Comment

Hi, all,

My schedule for the month is kinda up in the air right now, but let me know where & when the gig will be, and I'll do my best to be there. I'd love to meet some more of the gang!

Thanks!

Dan
                        "Windlord"

Comment

Assuming we try for the Chicago tourney on Tuesday, I will try to set my schedule to be available that night.

Comment

Just called & check the dates for December.

On Dec. 3, the Rockford tourney will be held at Harrington Banquets on 4300 N Central in Chicago IL.

Does this sound like what we want to do? I am for it! :roll:
                            If I can help in any way let me know.

Sailor Moe
                            2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Can you guys provide more details on these charity tourneys? When do they start, buyin, how many players, side game stakes, etc etc

Comment

Working...
                              X