PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congrats, Lloyd!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats, Lloyd!

Congratulations to Lloyd for his first multi-table win tonight! Though I finished 2 steps away from my first win (soon, soon), no sour grapes here - great game!

Dan
    "Windlord"

Windlord, the way you play,it will be soon, and one of many to come

CLAY

Comment

Wow, I'm not sure what to say, except thanks, Clay, and I hope you're right!

This is an amazing place! I find myself in the company of giants, upon whose shoulders I hope one day to stand.

(not being obsequious, just calling 'em as I see 'em)

Dan
      "Windlord"

Comment

Thanks, Windlord. At 117 consecutive non-wins I left Joe DiMaggio in the dust a long time ago and wasn't relishing catching up to Cal Ripken.

Comment

Remember, Lloyd, that the best player at this site could easily go 117 games without winning, and a vastly inferior player could win loads of tournaments in the same number of events. That's tournament poker.

Comment

Originally posted by Noodles
            Remember, Lloyd, that the best player at this site could easily go 117 games without winning, and a vastly inferior player could win loads of tournaments in the same number of events. That's tournament poker.
            I did some calculations.
            50-player tournaments
            Play 117 tournaments
            Good player wins 1 out of 33 on average
            Average player wins 1 out of 50 on average
            Bad player wins 1 out of 67 on average

3% of the time a good player wins 0
            9% of the time an average player wins 0
            10% of the time a bad player wins at least 4

Comment

Working...
            X