PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what does (y) mean?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does (y) mean?

Have been seeing a lot of people typing (y) into the chatbox, but i have no idea what its actually supposed to mean. Don't suppose someone could enlighten me?
    'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Originally posted by havocofsmeg View Post
    Have been seeing a lot of people typing (y) into the chatbox, but i have no idea what its actually supposed to mean. Don't suppose someone could enlighten me?
    I guess it stands for 'Yes' , like if if of the trainers asks can you hear me people just say 'y' Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thats what i thought, but then why have the brackets?
      'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Comment

(y) are the keyboard strokes for the thumbs up emoticon on the tables.

Perhaps sometimes the chat engine doesn't convert it to the emoticon.

Comment

Originally posted by annie_22at90 View Post
          (y) are the keyboard strokes for the thumbs up emoticon on the tables.

Perhaps sometimes the chat engine doesn't convert it to the emoticon.
          Thanks annie.

I use my android tab for playing on stars, and i assume the mobile app doesn't (or is unable to) display the emoticons.

Comment

Looks like a woman crossing her legs
            7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.