PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hahahhaa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hahahhaa

got to say this is some of the worst play ive ever seen in mky life how do u call and keep calling with this hand :/ do you think this should be reported for cheating maybe? beacuase no normal person would call this pre or keep calling with bottom pair?

No cheating, just terrible play. AQs was just as bad in the hand.

Just put a note on him that he'll bet bottom pair to the river, he'll pay you in future. These are the types of maniacs that make the game pay.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

never seen a call down to the river like that before i wouldnt even do it if i could see someones cards but it looked a bit dodgy to me

Comment

**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Not "dodgy." What you have is somebody who is easily married to whatever pair he catches. Do as instructed and make a note about this maniac. It might help later if he isn't educated before you meet him a second time.

Comment

I guess it would be too much for any of you to see that betov has a good read on sssllllyyyy.

It was well played in my eyes.

You can note betov all you want and if I could transfer money here I would bet none of the posters here could get betov to call to the river with bottom pair... unless you're just as bad as ssssllllyyyy.

oh yeah, broke my silence just to say that!!!
            Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

Comment

Ace-Queen suited is a group two hand. General recommendation is to play this hand in any position and if possible, make the first raise. I thought he wagered too heavy, but for the pre flop portion of the hand, played it right.

For the other streets, I would have either checked or mini raise, say one or two blinds. Dependent on earlier play, I might have folded when the king showed. That's been my luck lately, board has an overcard the other player hits.

We don't know earlier hands, but if this hand's winner had the tendency to call down to the river, regardless of his hand, having the ace-queen gave the other player the top three cards. I've known calling stations in live games that will not give up a hand if they catch a pair, any pair. Also know players who cannot fold aces.

The advice regarding the note for the winner is still valid. However, one might also want to watch the loser to see if he becomes married to any ace, another type of maniac.

Comment

Betov obviously has history and notes on this player. He already knows from the start what his opponent is playing, most likely from the bet amount post flop he was able to narrow that to what he saw, AQo.

Top tier, second tier, who cares he's not playing the cards he's playing the player.

No-one would shove that river with the 4 outer flush draw with just a 3 without knowing that his opponent is dead and just can't let his over cards go.

It'd be nice if someone can post another hand with this player in action.

What would be better is if this was moved back to the HA forum and got the proper attention it should have. Just because the OP didn't understand this player is no reason to move it here.
                Last edited by joker41673; Tue Nov 27, 2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Haha! Thread delivers. umbup:
                  Head Live Trainer
                  Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

no offence joker but if you think that is purely on reads your just as bad as him 1 you dont call that junk pre flop and you if he has soul reads like that then why the hell on this earth is he playing 25c games!!!1 exactly so stop talking daft and with the stats hes got it explains perfectly why he called because hes a useless donk check the stats and the facts before you start saying hes got a soul read on someone

Comment

Originally posted by joker41673 View Post
                      Betov obviously has history and notes on this player. He already knows from the start what his opponent is playing, most likely from the bet amount post flop he was able to narrow that to what he saw, AQo. Top tier, second tier, who cares he's not playing the cards he's playing the player. No-one would shove that river with the 4 outer flush draw with just a 3 without knowing that his opponent is dead and just can't let his over cards go. It'd be nice if someone can post another hand with this player in action. What would be better is if this was moved back to the HA forum and got the proper attention it should have. Just because the OP didn't understand this player is no reason to move it here.
                      In a .25 game? Sorry man,but that's highly unlikely. Most common trait here is a goof that can't let go when they catch any piece of the board. I would have to KNOW this is a sharp player who has the ability to do what you're saying here before I would give them credit for that. And in my experience the decent players in those games were NEVER going to be coming along with a hand like 83o to begin with,especially after the button fires a 1 over bet into the equation. For him to have a read on him he has to have that read pre-flop as well. What could the button be holding that his 83o will play well against? That's a range so narrow as to be non-existent. And he's going to commit 13% of his stack pre to try and draw to...well...what really? Sorry man,that just doesn't wash,especially at a level where the Occam's Razor---he's a spewtard---answer is so logical,being as that player type is the rule,not the exception,in those games. Stedds,just understand that in the big picture donks getting lucky from time to time is a good thing. It keeps them making plays like this and that's good for us. Plus for every idiot at the table MAKING the play there are usually 2-3 more WATCHING them thinking "hey,he got paid...so it was a good play...". umbup: Just note them and take them to value town every chance you get in the future. Note the AQ player to as he was equally clueless to continue firing into a coordinated board that he had NO piece of. I would be looking at this as a great result for ME were I on that table as I was given great information by 2 players and it didn't cost me anything to get it. That's poker gold. umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by stedds View Post
                        got to say this is some of the worst play ive ever seen in mky life how do u call and keep calling with this hand :/ do you think this should be reported for cheating maybe? beacuase no normal person would call this pre or keep calling with bottom pair?
                        never seen a call down to the river like that before i wouldnt even do it if i could see someones cards but it looked a bit dodgy to me
                        no offence joker but if you think that is purely on reads your just as bad as him 1 you dont call that junk pre flop and you if he has soul reads like that then why the hell on this earth is he playing 25c games!!!1 exactly so stop talking daft and with the stats hes got it explains perfectly why he called because hes a useless donk check the stats and the facts before you start saying hes got a soul read on someone
                        Where in the OP did you ever say this was a 25c game or offer any stats or reads on the players involved? You can't expect proper advice given when in fact it was you who left out the information required to do so. evil:

Comment

Originally posted by Moxie Pip View Post
                          In a .25 game? Sorry man,but that's highly unlikely.
                          Mox, the OP didn't mention what game it is so I viewed it as one of my games, in the $5-$10 buy-in range. These things will happen when information is left out. evil:

Comment

LOL......classic

2 players who are married to there hands.

Well that's made my day

Thanks,

Paul.

Comment

Check the stats, hes a useless donk, and you need explaining to why the opp did this?

If you knew his stats why even post this when you know why he did it?

He did this because obviously hes a donk, but so was also the guy with the aq.

Pre-flop, you think that was bad play, not for a fish it wasnt, the more he plays the more he will learn, he will learn in time that 83 is a bad call preflop.

So to us , yes bad play, but in the sense of learning, calling down is the only way you will ever get to lean the full potential of read abilities.

The times I have chucked away chips to call down to know im right, was money well spent.
                              MY brain is programmed to do what a tracker does, I just know now.
                              yes the opp could of gone practice in free play, but its just not the same results.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.