PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLAG

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLAG

Forgive the rather nasty sounding title, however this stands for super loose and agressive.
    Over the years poker as become a very stereotypical game. People seem to have forgot the fundamentals of playing poker,

Many players opt for the plain and boring TAG aproach, this can be come very predictable type play.

Others develop their skills and move on to a more LAG aproach, this thenis harder to read your opp.

Others just dont learn and stay a donk.

And others just tilt.

Donk and tilt, what if this was put into a new style of play, SLAG.

Completely an unreadable opponent is developed.

Donk bet sizes,donk posistion, but an assurity that he can read the more static type opps.

May sound mad to the hardened poker fanatic,

We all know that standard TAG and NIT poker produces results,and is probably one of the best and must standard ways to play.

So anyway im about to take a break for a while,but wanted to leave you with this, and help some of you to alter that static blueprint way of thinking.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=D050C0467A

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=F3E338B20D

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=EC97FF6776

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=6147B4BCCC

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=8569252E74

Good luck. Very happy to see that you have graduated to all sorts of advanced theories.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

Enjoy your break from poker, or just this forum.

Good decisions, dude. Don't leak all over the place.

edit: those 5 hands you posted... So what? If you can't take down those pots on tables that passive... NEVER play for real money. Don't want to hear about your reads, the bets said it all. Congrats that you were able to pick up on it. YAY U canz play pokerz!
    Last edited by mcrissinger; Mon Jul 23, 2012, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by holdemace486 View Post
      Over the years poker as become a very stereotypical game. People seem to have forgot the fundamentals of playing poker, Many players opt for the plain and boring TAG aproach, this can be come very predictable type play. Others develop their skills and move on to a more LAG aproach, this thenis harder to read your opp. Others just don't learn and stay a donk. And others just tilt. Donk and tilt, what if this was put into a new style of play, SLAG. Completely an unreadable opponent is developed. Donk bet sizes,donk posistion, but an assurity that he can read the more static type opps.
      I'm glad you have finally described yourself Now to correct that: Take a few months, maybe a year and go read a few books, watch every video posted here, take part in every class, go practice in play money and then come back to real money and this forum to show us your progress. Hope to see you, but not before January next year since you'll have lots to work on GL umbup:

Comment

[QUOTE=holdemace486;358162]Forgive the rather nasty sounding title, however this stands for super loose and agressive.
        Over the years poker as become a very stereotypical game. People seem to have forgot the fundamentals of playing poker,

Many players opt for the plain and boring TAG aproach, this can be come very predictable type play.

Others develop their skills and move on to a more LAG aproach, this thenis harder to read your opp.

Others just dont learn and stay a donk.

And others just tilt.

Donk and tilt,what if this was put into a new style of play,SLAG.

Completely an unreadable opponent is developed.

Donk bet sizes,donk posistion, but an assurity that he can read the more static type opps.

May sound mad to the hardened poker fanatic,

We all know that standard TAG and NIT poker produces results,and is probably one of the best and must standard ways to play.

So anyway im about to take a break for a while,but wanted to leave you with this, and help some of you to alter that static blueprint way of thinking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Um,before you go trying to get proprietary rights for your "new style of play" it already exists and at micro levels for sure is the most prevalent style of play. Instead of SLAG though it's known by these more common terms...

...aggro fish...

...muppet...

...spewtard...

...tencat...

...um,YOU to be quite honest...

...and others I won't mention so as to avoid a warning and/or ban.

If one were to want to play an extreme LAG type of game and had the reading ability (you don't...but feel free to keep deluding yourself...),discipline (again...totally absent in your game...),BR management (...I don't really need to go there I hope...),and a dozen other factors then they could be Gus Hansenesque and do this,sure. But Hansen has something you don't---table cred. Hell you and 99.9% of the players in this school play at levels where the vast majority of our opponents don't even recognize table images or anything beyond the 2 cards in their hand.

As for the "static blueprint way of thinking" stuff...well I'm fairly sure I speak for most of the analyzers and more involved members of the Forum and school when I say that if you think we don't have other gears in our TAG or NIT games and the ability to use them to adapt to table dynamics then you're more than welcome to test that theory out.

Comment

Originally posted by holdemace486 View Post
          NIT poker produces results,and is probably one of the best and must standard ways to play.
          This couldn't be farther from the truth. A nitty style does well against opponents that are way too loose and largely clueless level 1 thinkers. Nit poker works fine in the smallest of microstakes where the large majority of the player pool are mostly unskilled, because they don't have the skill sets or experience to identify and take advantage of the nit, and when the nit hits a hand they give all kinds of bad EV up anyway. And by "works fine" I mean is profitable... it's still not optimal for a skilled player.

Against more savvy competition nits have no chance, they are easily exploited. I would be willing to back a decent nit in 2nl, but wouldn't dream of it in 50nl as that would be lighting money on fire imo, unless they were also expert game selectors and only played when there were tables with at least 2 or more "SLAG's" on them.
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

This whole thread is awesome. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by folkstix View Post
              This whole thread is awesome. Haha.
              If you like this, Holdemace486 has a whole classic library of similar stuff in the forum....

you just need to search for it.

Happy reading...

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
              4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
                If you like this, Holdemace486 has a whole classic library of similar stuff in the forum....

you just need to search for it.

Happy reading...

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Take some LSD first,it'll make more (any...) sense.

Comment

QUOTE=Moxie Pip;358341]Take some LSD first,it'll make more (any...) sense.[/QUOTE]

ROFLMFAO

[
                  Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Moxie Pip View Post
                    Take some LSD first,it'll make more (any...) sense.
                    It's painfully obvious to me......he already has. Or, at least I hope so....

Dale
                    Last edited by dale442; Wed Jul 25, 2012, 08:19 AM.
                    3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

(Harrington on holdem Volume one by Dan Harrington p20 Oct 2004)

"Style 3 Super aggressive approach
                      "starting requirements? we dont need no stinkin' starting requirements!"

.....buts its most successful practitioners, players like Gus Hanson, Daniel Negreanu, and Phil Ivey, have enjoyed great success...."

to read more see Harrington on Hold'em

Grade b
                      I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Forgive the rather nasty sounding title, however this stands for super loose and agressive.

blah blah blah

NOT forgiven - unacceptable that you think you are so clever coming up with an acronym like that and even more unforgiveable that PSO didn't instantly remove the post or change the title.

IMO you are massively negative ev for this forum - you create traffic - but it is like watching a car wreck.

If I had any power you would be gone by now.

Ed
                        4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

blah blah blah

NOT forgiven - unacceptable that you think you are so clever coming up with an acronym like that and even more unforgiveable that PSO didn't instantly remove the post or change the title.

IMO you are massively negative ev for this forum - you create traffic - but it is like watching a car wreck.

Ed
                          Having taught GCSE Science i don't have a problem with the wording. "The waste product from the blast furnace,"

but i do understand where people might have.

Also HEA did not make this Acronym up its been around in other forums for a while.
                          I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

blah blah blah

Ed

I agree
                            +10000

Comment

Originally posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
                              I agree
                              +10000
                              ++++++++++++++++++++lots

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.