PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ALL Friends of GEM56.Pls Read

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALL Friends of GEM56.Pls Read

To All friends of Gem56,

Gem has recently injured herself and I am pretty sure she was hospitalized today because her condition has worsened. This is all in addition to her previous frail health conditions (she is on oxygen 24/7) and only leaves her house once a week to see a special doctor. This is also a woman who utterly despises doctors and especially hospitals. I was thinking that her presence at PSO has touched SO many or our lives with her optimisim and joy filled spirit.

It would be SOOOOoo nice if everyone who knows her could take a minute and send her a short "Get well soon etc." type of message that it would really lift her spirit when she checks her email upon her return. Gems's emain address is:
    rusty@mountain.net

Thanks,
    QuartzForce[/b]

Thanks for the info, Quartz. Gem is a sweet lady, and I enjoy playing at the same table with her. She always brightens any table she is sitting at.

An e-card is definitely in her future!!

Comment

You betcha! Consider it done. In fact, it is done.

Bob

Comment

Thanks for the info QF.

As you say Gem is a lovely lady and I'm sorry to hear she's not well. I'll contact her direct with best wishes.

Shoeless Joe

Comment

Thank you, Quartz
          Sending her an e-mail "card" now.
          The word "negativity" does not seem to be in her vocabulary.
          She and I can share the following Epictetus quote...
          "My foot is slow, but my spirit is swift."
          We are both on O2 24/7 and rarely able to leave the house.
          That is why our friendships...and some darn fine poker... at the Poker School are quite important to us both.
          Thanks for being such a great "bunch".

Comment

WOW..the longer I stick around here, the fonder I grow of you guys.
            I was aware that Gem isn't well, but had no idea The Rose wasn't.

Sending an e-greeting to Gem, and a hug for The Rose...God bless you both..

NewJane

Comment

Thankyou Quartz.....this place is more than just poker, I've sent an e-mail.

Comment

thnx qf

Gem is a great lady...email on gem box by now

hope you get better 2 rose

spades 8)

Comment

Thanks for the info force!!!

Gem is the nicest and sweetest person here at PSO and maybe the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanjs for the message and jut sent her an e-mail. she is a sweetie. mick16

Comment

QF,
                      Thank you for the notice about Gem. I agree with everyone about Gem's positive and uplifting atitude. She's made my day better many times by just a kind word and chuckle. Our prayers and thoughts are with her.

Comment

Quartzforce,
                        As promised i am forwarding my e-mail now.

THELATVIAN.

Comment

I was wondering where she has been cause she is one of the AM crew and I have not seen her. I was worried knowing she has major medical problems, I thank you quartzy and I will send out an email immediately!!

The Rose please take care of yourself too!! You both are in my thoughts & prayers GOD BLESS...

saneigy :arrow:

Comment

Thanks QF...getting off a note right now...Gem56 a jewel!!

Comment

From the beginning, as I started playing on PSO I have always smiled when I found I was in a game with the PSO jewl......GEM56. She has had it rough as her health tries to get the best of her. As she verballly sends each and every one of us love and a smile, it reaches out and touches the hearts of us all. She is always is the first to greet the new players. Often she says we are her family.

Mark and Tina........you have done something here you might not have even known was going to happen. You have brought together the love, compassion and friendship of this subculture. Thank you both. And thank you Gem for being the person you are. Gods speed in your recovery.

Love to you....
                              The one and only,
                              RascallyRabbit

Comment

Working...
                              X