PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poker tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poker tools

I am relatively new and thinking of getting a poker tool to help my decisions and give me real time info on stats etc. Any advice on the best or what to avoid.

Originally posted by Silverman456 View Post
    I am relatively new and thinking of getting a poker tool to help my decisions and give me real time info on stats etc. Any advice on the best or what to avoid.
    Hi there Silverman, Very nice to meet you. The two most popular are Poker Tracker 3 and Hold'em Manager 2. I use HM2 and it works great for me. Both are available for a limited free trial. As it's your first post here I am going to give you this link and it will be useful to you to get started here. Another great way to learn is to post as many questions and hands for review here at the school as you can. There's plenty of great members here who will offer you solid advice. If you want to know more about how to post a hand for review let me know! Good luck on the tables! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for that - I just seem to do OK at the start of SNG but get to last third and then risk it too much - but need to build chips so need something on m y shoulder saying "don't be daft stupid"

Comment

hi mate royals spot on there mate, i dont personally use any off them but each to there own.

If you are busting out in the later stages off sngs it is most likely though that you are not adjusting to the fact that in the later stages the competition becomes stronger with less fish in the pool to take.

You may want to have a look at your end game and analise a bit of play in the tournement hand section where as a hand analiser will go through your hands for you.

hope this helps

Comment

Thanks

Thanks - I suppose this is all part of the journey and a tleast its going in the right direction. I am working through the tuition videos etc and need to balance time playing and learning.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.