PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

player origin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• player origin

in the last couple of days ive noticed a lot of players on my tables that dont have country of origin displayed when i hover the mouse over them ,why is this? mine shows when sitting on a table,milehigh0874(australia) xxxxxx chips,as i tag most players at the table in a game and this is something i havent noticed before

Just observed several tables to see if there was a problem, but all the players names, country and chip counts showed as usual. maybe you just got a glitch. If the problem persists perhaps a call PS support would get you an answer.

Good luck

Tony

Comment

re post

it shows everyones chips and name just not showing everyones country,its not that big a deal ,just wondering why some show and some dont

Comment

I have the same problem. I think it's only like that for spanish players since they got their own domain a few days ago.

Comment

Spanish players don't geolocate.
          We got nuked (by our own government).
          Two more days and we won't even be able to play... except on the .es, but rather than play that, I'll go play petanque in the village square.

Comment

Its been like this since i joined, you find this mostly(only?) on freeroll/play money games It may because they haven't registered there Name, Address etc with PokerStars, ( as soon as i first won some money, i was asked to register name/address, as you can then withdraw / deposit monez etc) and/or they are on different network .net instead of .com! I'm not sure if there's a option in main lobby to turn view country on or off? All Thee Bestumbup:
            3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

One thing I've noticed with these is that if you go into the tourny lobby and select you table, it will tell you were they're from there. Its weird, I know.
              'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Comment

Knowing a player's origin bothers you? I assume this is just so you know what language to speak in to say good play/nice hand - otherwise who gives a damn.

You cannot judge a poker player on their country of origin any more than you can judge a person on their height/weight/hairiness/ etc - I fail to see the relevance of this question.

(Although you might want to avoid those aussies - they are a right bunch of "<:P**N??)

Ed from Down Under
                4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
                  Knowing a player's origin bothers you? I assume this is just so you know what language to speak in to say good play/nice hand - otherwise who gives a damn.

You cannot judge a poker player on their country of origin any more than you can judge a person on their height/weight/hairiness/ etc - I fail to see the relevance of this question.

(Although you might want to avoid those aussies - they are a right bunch of "<:P**N??)

Ed from Down Under
                  Не так быстро, Эд, русский freerollers, как правило, мусор или засунуть раза типов.
                  'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Comment

Originally posted by EdinFreeMan View Post

Look Out ED were coming for you.

Comment

re post

to ED read my comment pretyy sure you will see i said its not that big a deal

Comment

Working...
                      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.