PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A super aggro rep gets you paid off?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A super aggro rep gets you paid off?

I guess it's true.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Another example (not in order, this was before the hand above):
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Okay, you know what ... like I was looking through those pro hands on the boom player, and some of them are so strange in that there were SEVERAL hands of people 4-bet shoving into pros with A high.

I figured there had to be more going on there, like people must have seen the pros check-raising and reraising with air for them to be willing to stack off with A high?

You don't even see that at the penny tables, really ... I wish, but alas

It's almost like a different game up there at the higher stakes with some of the hands ...

Comment

Chiren 4 EVAR!

Comment

Well, here's how you get that image From Event 3-H a few hours after he ships event 2-M The replayer doesn't seem to show it. But he shows the bluff after the hand with Jc9s
          Last edited by ahar010; Tue May 08, 2012, 05:03 AM.

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

More than one gear

We all know his rep yet today in the final table he played mostly,until heads up a very tight damn near nitty at the mid stage game,I was surprized and impressed as I thought he only played at "run away train speed" ,Shows he has more than one game to play,nice

Comment

You Spot On.

You answered your own question,it is a different game,a completly different game ! just like the skill and thought process changes from "play" money to any level of real cash the same applys when you go up to high stakes.Also these people have played huge amounts of hands against each other over time and know,or should, each others metagame to a tee.
              You are right too.It seems the only time I see or play Ace high vs King it gets checked down at best ! and when I try anything magic I look like a clown.Best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by brettnz View Post
                You answered your own question,it is a different game,a completly different game ! just like the skill and thought process changes from "play" money to any level of real cash the same applys when you go up to high stakes.Also these people have played huge amounts of hands against each other over time and know,or should, each others metagame to a tee.
                You are right too.It seems the only time I see or play Ace high vs King it gets checked down at best ! and when I try anything magic I look like a clown.Best of luck
                Hey ya, that's very true about there being that difference between the play tables and the penny tables being a move up stakes, and so there'll be those stylistic differences every time there's a jump up in stakes. Interesting!

And so true about trying to do something 'fancy' but instead winding up looking like a clown - haha!! Ahhh, 2nl ... good times

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.