PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

working the odds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working the odds

since i was young i always played poker but had no idea about odds, i knew that hands had odds.thankfully i read the section in the courses covering odds and my game has improved leaps and bounds. I also found that by plaing games such as omaha, stud, badugi the odds were greatly improved and easier to work out ive found a bunch of hands with similar odds that seem to be doing the trick. in a freeroll razz tourney i got myself up to 30k stack and had to go out shortly after the second break i didnt get back till after id been knocked out i finished in 135th but if id not gone out i feel i could of done alot better as my win stats were 85% at showdown 8 pots won no showdown.umbup: does any one know a formula to work out if the odds of your apponent has the card/cards you need?

Hi 66theOnLYoNe. If you're asking what I think you're asking, then you really don't have to worry about whether or not your opponents are holding the cards you need. Unseen cards are unseen cards. They might be in the deck, they might be in someone else's hand, they might have been burned, but it doesn't matter. If you see your two hole cards and a flop, you see 5 out of 52 cards. Whatever card you need will always have a 1 in 47 chance of peeling off on the turn. If it doesn't, it will have a 1 in 46 chance of peeling off on the river. If one of your opponents happens to be holding it, that doesn't reduce the odds to 0.

If that doesn't answer your question, feel free to post again. There are plenty of people here who would be happy to help you out.

Welcome to PSO!
    Last edited by JWK24; Tue Mar 06, 2012, 12:39 AM.

Comment

thnxs

yeah that was exactly what i was askin nice one panickypoker

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.