PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preperation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preperation

One of the most over looked aspects of poker is preparation. This depends on your goals in the poker world. If you are just playing for fun then I will stress no preparation needed.

However, if you are the more serious player and looking to make a small profit, preparation is the most important factor.

What do I mean by this?.

Example - You just woke up, go straight to your PC, log in and start to play!
    Do you think this is a good idea?.

Example 2- You just had an argument with the MRS, do you think you should play?.

The more than obvious answer is no.

Preparation as a few key elements.

1.Allowing one self enough time to play

2.Be free from distractions

3.Make sure you are awake properly

4.Music ready if you listen to it

5.A drink near by

6.Not expecting visitors

7.Enough cigarettes if you smoke

These are just a few of the preparation factors that can and will make you loose.
    Make me loose how?, example - you run out of cigarettes in the middle of a MTT, yes all the smokers now cringing at the thought.

What I am saying is before you even think about a game, ask your self am I feeling up to it today,
    have I everything I need.

Good luck hope this helps.
Working...
X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.