PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NY or Nationwide??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY or Nationwide??

Every day at 12 noon our firehouses blow their sirens to signal that it is noon....

Any where else do this?

no clue, but the white chocolate has been melted...

Comment

Gatorhb: Did you think all this time they blew their sirens, because it was noon??? :roll: :roll:
      They are blowing their sirens, because it is time to start playing poker.I can't believe you did'nt know this :? Geeeez
      babe60

Comment

Well, gator has usually already been playing for a few hours by then

Comment

Happens here in upstate NY.

:P

Comment

:? Every Wednesday at noon the warning siren for a tornado is tested in my town. Sure hope nothing happens where it would be blown at noon for a real warning. No one would pay any attention to it.

ponygee :roll:

Comment

When I was growing up we used to get a siren at 5pm everyday...I think someone said it's so the kids knew when to stop playing and come home and eat dinner.

Comment

growing up the volunteer firehouse blew the siren at noon everyday.

could be a north east thing

Comment

My Daddy, God rest his soul, never owned or wore a watch in his life. When asked about it his standard reply was "they blow whistles for poor people". Seems like there was a time when "whistles" or sirens were sounded at noontime a lot of places. Also the church bells were rung at noon when I was a kid. Seems like maybe modern technology replaced most of these traditions.

8O

'Goddess

Comment

They did it where I lived in northern VT.

Comment

Working...
                    X