PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would I be better cashing in ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would I be better cashing in ?

I just spent 2fpp's on a hyper turbo 6 max satty to the Sunday Storm.

Would I be better cashing the ticket for T$11 , or would I be better off playing ?

Bearing in mind I am a rubbish player.

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Take the tourney dollars and have some fun Bob

TC

Comment

HI Bill! Does an $11 tourney fit into good bankroll management? If so, go for it. If not, you have the choice of taking a shot or playing multiple tourneys that are within good bankroll management. If I'd never played one of them before, wouldn't have a problem taking a shot. If I had, then I'd most likely cash in for tourney $$ and playing multiple games that I could get a +ROI on that were within my bankroll. Either way... good luck!umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Am I doing my sums wrong, or does that make an FPP worth almost a dollar ?

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, I have decided to take the money and run. umbup:
          3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Darkman61 View Post
            Am I doing my sums wrong, or does that make an FPP worth almost a dollar ?
            Your sums are definitely wrong D'man I entered the tourney for 2 FPP ( which was a rebuy as soon as I entered ) ( Starting chips 300 )

I ended the tourney as chip leader, three places got a ticket.

I didn't rebuy after the initial and I didn't add on, so each FPP earned me T$5.50

But as to actual worth, I don't know. The way my luck ran in that game I needn't have made the initial rebuy so in principle they could be worth T$11 or more.

Post script. The tickets for the Sunday Storm were issued at the rate of 1 entry per 700 fpps in the prize pool
            which makes each fpp worth $0.01.57c in this particular case.
            Last edited by Bill Curran; Sat Jan 28, 2012, 05:19 AM.
            3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Curran View Post
              Your sums are definitely wrong D'man I entered the tourney for 2 FPP ( which was a rebuy as soon as I entered ) ( Starting chips 300 ) I ended the tourney as chip leader, three places got a ticket. I didn't rebuy after the initial and I didn't add on, so each FPP earned me T$5.50 But as to actual worth, I don't know. The way my luck ran in that game I needn't have made the initial rebuy so in principle they could be worth T$11 or more. Post script. The tickets for the Sunday Storm were issued at the rate of 1 entry per 700 fpps in the prize pool which makes each fpp worth $0.01.57c in this particular case.
              IF you have 700 FPP's to burn of course Bill. Nice bink on getting $11 T-dollars for 2 FPP's. I agree with what JW said...if it's a good play within your BR then go for it. If not take the T dollars and play them in games that fit your BR parameter. BTW no one I know of would call you a rubbish player. umbup: Good Luck,better decisions.

Comment

That sounds about right Bob... just kidding topcat. They used to be a little less than 70/USD so 700 for each ticket is close. The rate has changed some. I agree, take the money and run...rinse and repeat. umbup:

Comment

I love the Sunday Storm so I'd play it personally. Not super hard to get ITM. That said, if playing an $11 tourny is above your current level, the most logical thing to do would be to take the tourny $.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Curran View Post
                    Your sums are definitely wrong D'man I entered the tourney for 2 FPP ( which was a rebuy as soon as I entered ) ( Starting chips 300 )
                    Don't know why, but I read your original post as "6 man SNG"

I was gonna be playing them all day tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.