PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

----overlays----

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ----overlays----

Watching the Main PS Lobby, I'm thinking we need a main post for Overlay Tourneys that we find if any. It doesn't happen often, and when it does, it's nice to cash in on it. Post Any Tournaments here. umbup: As of 11:30pm ET, the 11:00pm $2.20 Regular MTT 1.5K GTD still 150 players away from meeting GTD 1/2 hr Late Reg still left.
    Last edited by Stakehorse75; Mon Jan 09, 2012, 06:32 AM.

almost met the GTD, 12 mins left late reg.

Comment

I've played in one or two with a small overlay.

The $4.40 NLH [8-max, 1000 Cap, $1.5k Gtd] needs 375 people to break even, and today there's only 368. Not a lot, but it's something I guess

And sometimes some of the the $2.20 or $3.30 6-max tourneys I've seen come in slightly under too?

I used to buy into those 1R1A tourneys with the rebuy and the add-on ... but at least half the field seems to treat the rebuys as overlay of a non-rebuy tourney, sort of a deal? Like if it's a $2.20 1R1A, then they're playing $4.20 for a tourney that half the field will pay $6.20 to play? So it's like paying $4.20 for a tourney with $5.20 prize pool, sort of? maybe? Except there's that theory that buying in for the full amount gives one a chip advantage, so then there's that ... I don't know ... semi-maybe-possible overlay I guess

That's all I've seen so far

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.