PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to play with the bingo players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to play with the bingo players

hi ev1, in a tournament, in a early stakes and your stacks still large, will u guys call a reraise all in with AK, JJ and and QQ? u know many players go all in with small or middle pair. and got lucky.

If it's me, and I haven't seen the flop (and hit an A or a K), I'll muck it to shoves preflop. It's way too risky, especially if it's a league game... because the reward in chips you gain if you win is a lot less than the negative league points that you'll get if you bust.

The way to deal with the maniacs is to wait them out, until you get a premium made hand QQ+, or to let them KO each other.

Patience is the key
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I will with QQ, the others depends on the read my position and Number of folks in the pot.

If I have QQ and one opponent flips over 66 and hits good luck to him at least I know I got my money in there good. But yes as one more player enters the pot my odds of winning go down a little more but on the other hand the chips i will win when i do go up.....

Grade b
      I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

When I'm playing micro tournies against the 'bingo players' early stage, I will get all in preflop with JJ+. Doesn't matter how many people in the pot. Might get it all in with AK but would prefer only 1 other person(bingo player) in pot.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teAWp...eature=related
          7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by RockerguyAA View Post
            When I'm playing micro tournies against the 'bingo players' early stage, I will get all in preflop with JJ+. Doesn't matter how many people in the pot. Might get it all in with AK but would prefer only 1 other person(bingo player) in pot.
            Yep. In the 45 man micros a double up early will give you enough chips to easily make it through the bubble even playing super nitty the whole time till it bursts. Given the donks that go all in first hand with A5s or worse I think it's worth the risk.

Comment

Seems like there's been quite a few people from PSO who have had lots of good things to say about those $0.25 45-player MTT's, so I decided to give them a go ... here's me reraising with AKo to try and isolate the pre-flop raiser: oh ... so it's like that Was the proper way to play AKo to fold it? Oooh, but the temptation! I wound up playing about maybe 8 of them (ROI of -750%) before figuring that maybe my personality was better suited to those STT's where 1/3 of the field makes ITM, so there's less pressure to build a stack to get ahead (and therefore less need to play super tight?)? PS Kind of interesting to see how many of us in the full-ring had A's ... reduced the AKo down to 4 outs, if that, eh? (like assuming some of the K's weren't in peoples' hands as well)
              Last edited by TrustySam; Tue Dec 13, 2011, 05:31 AM.

Comment

With the massive overbet on the first hand I am folding AKo. You are very likely to find a better situation than this. Let the donks play a bit then take their chips.

Comment

Pokerstove.

Comment

The tables are nitty tonight. I wish I were so lucky as to have bingo players around.

Comment

I've got an even wilder one from the 1FPP turbo rebuy satty for the Sunday Million ...one rebuy was 3000 chips, and a double rebuy was 6000, so with the ante at 100, that's why there were so many 2900 and 5900 stacks: There was one point where blinds were 8000 and people were still buying in for the double-rebuy of 6000 that was less than 1bb ... good to be persistent in life, but there comes a time ...
                      Last edited by TrustySam; Tue Dec 13, 2011, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
                        The tables are nitty tonight. I wish I were so lucky as to have bingo players around.
                        Where ya playin PP, lots of BINGO where I have been?

Dale
                        3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Just 2NL. When three consecutive 2NL tables are running table averages of around 18/12, the night's not gonna be as fun as usual.

Comment

Low level MTT mega bingo...Same as always

Bluff and Stuff.

Why do I do this to myself??

Dale
                            3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by dale442 View Post
                              Low level MTT mega bingo...Same as always

Bluff and Stuff.

Why do I do this to myself??

Dale

Because "retirement" is -EV?

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.