PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tournament Director Big Decision

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament Director Big Decision

Hi,

I was acting as a tournament director for a £5 buy in with 8 friends. The following hand occurred and I wnated to check that the decision I had made was fair / correct.

One player raised UTG and was called by UTG+1. The player in the SB then shoved all-in. At this point the player UTG asked UTG+1 will you call and UTG+1 replied with yes I will if you fold.

At this point I stopped the game as this is collusion (SB had the shortest stack as was at risk).

I decided that both UTG and UTG+1 hands should be dead, so offered the SB the pot as it was or whether he wanted to accept the all-in call.

The player in the SB took the pot and both UTG and UTG+1 cards were mucked.

Was this the right decision? It is a friendly match, but I felt that the 2 players were teaming up against the short stack and this influenced their decisions.

Any advice would be appreciated.

James

good call I think!

Comment

From what I know, I think you did the correct thing.... there are others that know more than I do on this though. They should be posting to this thread soon.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Here are the Rio's official 2011 WSOP tournament rules:

http://www.wsop.com/2011/2011-WSOP-Rules.pdf

Collusion is on page 3. Hope that helps. I've never directed a tournament so I can't personally offer advice, but I imagine Joe might have...?

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.