PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

flubbub dub rub.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flubbub dub rub.....

the other day i saw 4 flushes in the same hand..... what are the odds of that?
    J 7
    K 10
    8 9
    5 6

howdy, turdburglar says hi.................hiccup
    Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

ha ha ha

effsea still here i see

Comment

Originally posted by hiphoplives View Post
        the other day i saw 4 flushes in the same hand..... what are the odds of that? J 7 K 10 8 9 5 6
        Only 2 possible explanations for this... 1. Live is rigged. 2. Getting up at 6AM to fish and get baked (maybe not in that order),THEN going to your local B&M is not a good combination. (OK it actually IS,but you're probably gonna misread a hand or 20...) moke:

Comment

Originally posted by hiphoplives View Post
          ha ha ha

effsea still here i see

Ya hit the Member Of The Week thread and look what the donk just won to.

So how you doing man?

Comment

still playing live 2/5 and getting baked and fishing....lol

Moxie....it's scary that u know me so well.

Comment

My 6 high flush got beat by a 9 high flush and a J high flush last night playing 1/2. I concealed my hand really well so the hand played out wierd, by the river I think I was out about $60... point of my story is I guess it isn't that uncommon lol.

Comment

In 7 stud, it is impossible.

In hold 'em, it is darned unlikely!

The exact chance is going to be related to how many of the suit are on the board.

If there are 3 of a suit, it is pretty un-likely, as that would mean 11 of the 13 cards of that suit were dealt live. theoretically, 5 flushes are possible with 3 of a suit on board.

If 4 of the suit are on the board, it is a lot more likely to happen, depending on the betting. In that case it would be possible for a full ring table of 9 players to all have a flush.
                Last edited by JDean; Sun Dec 04, 2011, 06:16 AM.
                Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

When it happened to me in the example I gave, all 3 of us had 2 diamonds in our hands...

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.