PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when did you start?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when did you start?

Wow,

Really was shocked to learn l have been hear since 2004, man l'm old......hiccup

Stars is having an anniversary free roll from 2001 to 2010,

So what year did you start?

cheers
    Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Apparently, as far as PokerStars goes, I am in the 'class of 2009', and I didn't find and register with PSO until 2010.

Pretty much a noob really, that explains a lot about my game.

(Took me about a year to get the relative hand strengths of cribbage out of my head.)

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I'm a newbie........ I first started playing about this time last year. I got into it via Zynga poker. There was a poker league on at the local pub. I liked the social aspect to the game. The first six months of 2011 I played all gamer poker. I bought a game for the Nintendo Wii and played that for hours on end. During the Summer I thought to myself that if I only spent a few hours a week learning the game I'd be a much better player. I googled stuff like 'poker training' and 'poker coach' and stumbled across PSO. I've lived here ever since. My goal for the moment is to drill the basics, the ABC of poker into my head. So far, it's worked out pretty good! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
        Apparently, as far as PokerStars goes, I am in the 'class of 2009', and I didn't find and register with PSO until 2010. Pretty much a noob really, that explains a lot about my game. (Took me about a year to get the relative hand strengths of cribbage out of my head.) Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
        We may be seated together good luck umbup: I wish I was here from the start as there ain't many registered players

Comment

I am in the class of 2005. hmmmm yea not as old as effsea

Grade b
          I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I started playing the freerolls in 2007 on .net (think it was early 07, could have been end of 06).

I upgraded to a .com account in 2009 to play cash MTT's, first cash tourney was 7/6/09 (+36% ROI in it, so was a positive cash).

I started playing cash games on PS at the beginning of this year.

Unfortunately, since I'm a US user, can't play in these freerolls.. or I'd be there in a second.
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

also class of 2009.. So will see some of you on the table hopefully
              Played casually a little bit back then

Then things got serious with girlfriend so had 2010 and most of 2011 off.

Now single again, so poker is getting another look in, The last month or so on PSO though I'd say my game has improved a lot

Comment

Originally posted by effsea View Post
                Wow,

Really was shocked to learn l have been hear since 2004, man l'm old......hiccup

Stars is having an anniversary free roll from 2001 to 2010,

So what year did you start?

cheers
                Year of the hockey lockout, 04-05' I guess. I need to kick the NHL's butt for forcing me to become a degenerate gambler

Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Thu Dec 01, 2011, 07:37 AM.
                You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Comment

They pegged me as 2007.

However, I'm actually 2009.

Oh well, makes no difference really.

Good luck all

Comment

Live since I was a lad , poker dice at school got confiscated (32 yrs ago)

Online since 2007

PSO member since 2010
                    Last edited by spike8998; Fri Dec 02, 2011, 07:57 PM.

Comment

It was 2007 for me.All freerolls,made $7.50 twice in what were called team Canada freerolls.Let that sit in the account and was in another freeroll that I won another $50.

Once that happened I started playing in the .10 360 man and .25 90man S&G's.Between the 2 I have played close to 3000 of these 2 buyins.

Just checked my tourney tickets ans see I have been issued a ticket to a freeroll called "Class of 2007 Freeroll"
                      Last edited by brkn80; Thu Dec 01, 2011, 12:13 AM.

Comment

I started playing poker in 1822 !!!!!! Got a ticket for that year have you ????? lol B umbup:

Comment

Wow! I registered in July 2010, seems longer. Before that I "played" at another site for about a year, but not really. I got lucky and got into PSO right away. I learned everything there is to learn about poker in the the first 2 months, figured out it was rigged to keep me from winning in the 3rd month then was really fortunate. I found a group of people who showed me a different way of looking at the game. Since then I have managed to piss most of those people off fom time to time but my poker knowledge has increased immensely. Anyways, before poker I played a lot of 21. Played chess and a lot of other card games as long as I can remember, which isn't as long as it used to be but is still a long time.
                          Last edited by FLsnookman; Thu Dec 01, 2011, 01:35 AM. Reason: felt like it
                          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by effsea View Post
                            Wow, Really was shocked to learn l have been hear since 2004, man l'm old......hiccup Stars is having an anniversary free roll from 2001 to 2010, So what year did you start? cheers
                            My start is very close to yours Eff. Too funny umbup:umbup: Oh you mean on Stars...LOL Dec. of last year. PSO since May of this year. Dale
                            3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Class of 2005 for me. Started on .net. That summer the Beer Stores in our province (Ontario) hosted a series of tourneys. Didn't win a thing, but two months later PokerStars put $5.00 in my real money account - for playing in the beer store tourneys. I've been playing on Stars.com ever since.

So far there are 660 players registered for the Class of 2005 tourney. Will have to clear my calender for that one.

Herk

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.