PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nanonoko Takes Down APPT Macau Main Event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nanonoko Takes Down APPT Macau Main Event

http://www.pokerstarsblog.net/appt/2...ew-088879.html umbup: Congrats Dude!
    Last edited by pokerstar671; Mon Nov 28, 2011, 08:02 AM.
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

umbup:umbup:umbup:
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

+1000 umbup: great job congrats!

Comment

Have you seen this guy's cash game profits? Its Insane

http://www.poker-edge.com/poker-player-stats/nanonoko/

Comment

Great player. Better ambassador for the sport. This is well deserved.

Two key things in the little video at the bottom of the page struck me...

1. When asked how he did it his answer..."Mostly I just played solid. Tight."

2. Again with the being in position for lightning/luck/fate--whatever you want to call it to wink at you and throw you it's blessings is the key. He shoves QQ into AA and binks a Q. You simple are not going to have a super deep run,much less win a MTT,without getting a couple of those or more along the way. The skill is in not making a habit of needing a lot of help like that and being consistent enough to get in a spot where if it does happen you get a big reward for it.

Even as great as Randy is he needs to bink here and there as well.

Comment

I looked at the chip counts yesterday before the final 9 (i think it was 9) began play and Mr. Lew was 9 of 9. Way to fight for it nanonoko. umbup:
            Last edited by annie_22at90; Mon Nov 28, 2011, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Good stuff he is good for the game. Always thought he only played cash games. For the amount off time and effort he puts in he deserves it.umbup:

Comment

Nanonoko, the ultimate NLHE multi table online grinder
                Congrats on the huge score of HKD$3,772,000 
(US$483,000)!!!!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Check out this film of Randy Lew aka nanonoko!!!

I AM NANONOKO - A Short Film by PokerStars Team Online (HD)
                  http://youtu.be/2QzhQIOFNhU

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Comment

5 million hands cash tables $2.000.000 profit.

Comment

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, congrats!! umbup:umbup:umbup:
                      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Congratsumbup:

Comment

Certainly a well deserved win. And has already been said -- a little run good at the right time is always needed for a big win. Mega kudos to Randy. umbup: What galls me, when all the hoopla is done, is that Randy and other honorable folks are not allowed to play on line in their own nation. Just something to ponder.
                          3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore 59 View Post
                            What galls me, when all the hoopla is done, is that Randy and other honorable folks are not allowed to play on line in their own nation. Just something to ponder.
                            Congrats, Randy! Good to see a PokerStars legend take it all down.

Fillmore, am I missing something? Randy lives in Vancouver, Canada and Canucks are allowed to play online. In his home province of British Columbia, he can even play on the provincial poker site. But let's not lose him from Stars. He is a great ambassador.

Another Stars Pro, Daniel Negreanu recently returned to Toronto to get back into cash games on Stars.

Either this clarifies a misunderstanding or there is something about Randy Lew that I don't know - and would welcome any insights.

As for US players not being able to play online - I miss all of you and hope to see you back on Stars tables real soon.

Herk

Comment

Originally posted by Herkstwin View Post
                              Congrats, Randy! Good to see a PokerStars legend take it all down. Fillmore, am I missing something? Randy lives in Vancouver, Canada and Canucks are allowed to play online. In his home province of British Columbia, he can even play on the provincial poker site. But let's not lose him from Stars. He is a great ambassador. Another Stars Pro, Daniel Negreanu recently returned to Toronto to get back into cash games on Stars. Either this clarifies a misunderstanding or there is something about Randy Lew that I don't know - and would welcome any insights. As for US players not being able to play online - I miss all of you and hope to see you back on Stars tables real soon. Herk
                              Randy moved to Canada after Black Friday. Congrats to Randy, a great contributor to PSO. umbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.