PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just wanna say....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just wanna say....

Thanks to all the pso members for there help within my game, i have listened to what you have said, taken some good notes and i'm trying to learn from it, thanks to the trainers for there efforts with some outstanding tutorials i now have a ROI of 128% thanks to you guys umbup:

thats more then my ROI -80% in cash games and -50% in tourneys :P

Comment

lol it stacked against u all the way in the micro stakes dude ... no amount of good decisions help there only luck with the cards

Comment

Originally posted by Igotitnow View Post
        lol it stacked against u all the way in the micro stakes dude ... no amount of good decisions help there only luck with the cards

Meh,I gotta disagree with you here and I think you know better as well. Looked at your #'s versus mine on OPR and in reality we're real close. Our average buy-in amount is very close and while my ITM and ROI %'s are better you have 6 times as many plays as me roughly so yours count for more sample size wise.

Are you really going to shortchange yourself and say it's all luck in the micros? I know that I don't believe that for myself. A few times (a very few times...) the cards will fall perfect and you can cruise to a victory. Much more often than that the cards simply will not let you win. That's standard.

But the games where the cards are basically "neutral" I always felt like I had a skill edge on most,if not all of the players on my tables. And yeah,you DO go to more showdowns in micros than other levels for sure but that can be exploitable as much as it's potentially dangerous.

I always found that keeping copious notes so I had an idea of which players I could exploit,and how, was a key to winning in the Micros because basically the same players would make the same bad plays over and over again.

That and adhering slavishly to David Mamet's quote worked for me. That quote being...

"You can't bluff someone who isn't paying attention."

Comment

Absolutely agree you can only bluff good players.(one of my most common notes is too stupid to fold lol) By the way, where are these "neutral" card games you speak of????
          Last edited by FLsnookman; Thu Dec 08, 2011, 09:28 PM. Reason: meh
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by FLsnookman View Post
            Absolutely agree you can only bluff good players.(one of my most common notes is too stupid to fold lol) By the way, where are these "neutral" card games you speak of????

Just normal variance,not running hot but not running stone cold either. That's what I mean by the cards being "neutral".

Comment

Originally posted by Igotitnow View Post
              i guess you would therefore disagree with me when i say i've made a ton of big calls and big folds in the micros that ended up being correct. i could have just said "$%#% it, it's all in the cards" and did the opposite and i would have lost

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.