PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nice little win thanks to EdinFreeMan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice little win thanks to EdinFreeMan

I was looking through the forum earlier this evening and was reading some of Ed's posts and blogs (which are a good read). Anyway, I left to pick up some things from the shop and went into the local betting shop, to place a small bet on tonights football.

There was a horse race at Kempton,close to the off and I noticed one of the runners was called Edinburgh Knight. It had to be a sign!! I quickly put a couple of pounds on it to win.

Although it was in the middle of the pack for most of the race, I was confident, it looked to be going well and sure enough it came on the outside in the final furlong to win at odds of 7/1!!

Not a big win, but it paid for my shopping, football bet and made me smile.

So thanks, Ed, I owe you a real ale when I'm up in Edinburgh next.

By the way, the football bet lost............I wish a player called, 'chelseatolose' wrote blogs.

Good Luck. DC:

congrats. Good story umbup:
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yes. Ed is a good read. There is often a comment in there that brings on a chuckle.

On the basis of your tale DC, I'm off to read all Easychips4u's blogs and posts. TWICE.

nv

Comment

I read this, wondering if I'd done something to help Dreamcoat and forgotten about it (the old short term memory problem) and got a proper laugh when I saw this tenuous link. Nice win, and of course I take all the credit.

Not sure it is a great plan, though, as everybody knows,

ED is a DONKEY!!!

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
        4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

After poker, horse-racing has to be my second favourite hobby. There is a Racecourse, (Navan Racecourse) basically in my back yard. I'm a member of a horse-racing forum on the net and follow a lot of the major tipping websites. What I've noticed is that despite the 'experts' vast knowledge of the sport they still find it incredibly hard to pick winners. It has amazed me in the past just how lucky you can be just by going with your 'gut feeling' just like Dreamcoat did here. Isn't it the same in poker sometimes that you get a 'gut' feeling or an instinct that leads to a correct decision. Anyways, I really enjoyed that story Dreamcoat Three cheers for both our Ed and Edinburg Knight! umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.