PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to review.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to review.

Dear Everyone,

Please help.

I Hear from a number of people i shoud review my play. I have always reviewed my play?...did i win yes or no?

then i started looking at overall VPIP and PR, then position numbers (damn you SB)

i have info in Poker tracker 3 but what should i actually be reviewing.

So for those of you that do review your play, how do you do it. What are you looking at and how do you stop your head expolding with all the information avalible with a tracker?

I thank you for your time.

Grade b
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Originally posted by Grade b View Post
    I have always reviewed my play?...did i win yes or no?
    That is the one thing NOT to look at when you review your play You want to see if you made the correct decisions during a hand.

You want to look to see, for example, if you had the correct odds to make a call?
    Did you read your opps correctly in the hand (if not, what was wrong?)
    was I playing too many pots? (are there any hands that you've playing too often that are marginal hands?)
    was I being passive when entering pots?
    etc.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

edit
      Last edited by Deleted user; Tue Jul 09, 2013, 09:02 PM.

Comment

edit
        Last edited by Deleted user; Tue Jul 09, 2013, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
          That is the one thing NOT to look at when you review your play You want to see if you made the correct decisions during a hand.

You want to look to see, for example, if you had the correct odds to make a call?
          Did you read your opps correctly in the hand (if not, what was wrong?)
          was I playing too many pots? (are there any hands that you've playing too often that are marginal hands?)
          was I being passive when entering pots?
          etc.
          I thank you for this but ....always a but i know can you continue what is the ECT part as i guess this is the bit i don't know.

Grade b
          I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

those along with other things....

are you playing too many hands out of position?
            trying to steal too much, especially early, when you don't want to as much?
            what types of opps were playing against you (high VPIP, low VPIP) and did you take appropriate actions to combat their play style?
            Were my raises sized correctly?
            Were there any betting patterns my opps used that I didn't see right away?
            Was I being too passive and passing on hands in late position that were folded to me? If so, what did I fold?

I don't have PT3, so don't know all the numbers and stats you have with it, or I could probably give you alot more. These should give you a good start and hopefully someone with PT3 will add other things to this thread.
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...-Self-Analysis

Comment

Originally posted by Grade b View Post
                Dear Everyone,

Please help.

I Hear from a number of people i shoud review my play. I have always reviewed my play?...did i win yes or no?

then i started looking at overall VPIP and PR, then position numbers (damn you SB)

i have info in Poker tracker 3 but what should i actually be reviewing.

So for those of you that do review your play, how do you do it. What are you looking at and how do you stop your head expolding with all the information avalible with a tracker?

I thank you for your time.

Grade b
                Hi

I use universal hand replayer to load my last session in
                I watch each hand that I lose and try to self analize the hand
                To figure out where I went wrong
                Lots of info on the site on how it works and explains how to use it

http://www.universal-replayer.net/

gl
                spike

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.