PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remembrance Day/Veterans Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembrance Day/Veterans Day

To our veterans and their families who have served and are serving, so that we and others can live in peace and prosperity - THANK YOU.

We remember.

Terry Kelly - A Pittance of Time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kX_3y3u5Uo

A. Lawrence Vaincourt - Just A Common Soldier (A Soldier Died Today) http://vaincourt.homestead.com/common_soldier.html

Lest We Forget.

Comment

yes, thank you so much
      Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by chuckkky View Post
        Lest We Forget.
        Me and mine will NEVER forget!! We live about a mile fron the post office that had the anthrax scare after 9/11. Thnx so much to EVERY soldier and vet who afford us the luxuries we so often take for granted!!! Heros all in my book! MT
        May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Comment

Thank you, Veterans.

I am a veteran and an employee of the Veterans Health Administration. I work in a veterans medical center in my home town. It is my honor and privilege to be a part of this great organization. Every member of the Dept. of Veteran's Affairs is dedicated to the care and well being of our nations veterans. I feel like one of the lucky ones because I can once again be of service to my country while being of service to my fellow veterans.

To our vets here at stars, thank you for your service and dedication to the security of our country.

Thanks to all of you that have posted here. I am sure that your gratitude is well received. I have seen first hand how much a kind word means to our vets.

"To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan"- Abraham Lincoln

The DVA has prepared a video for this Veteran's Day.

http://www.va.gov/opa/vetsday/

Ol Mud
            Last edited by Ol Mud; Fri Nov 11, 2011, 05:01 PM.
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

11/11/2011

Attached is Wilfred Owen tribute completed in the village of Ors.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15659821

Poignant day as ever remembering family and all those injured or killed.

Comment

Thanks to all the veterans out there and may they be honored the other 364 days a year AT LEAST as much as they are today. The deserve our gratitude and whatever assistance they may need every day.

Comment

Never forget freedoms not free. Today, RIGHT NOW there are those being shot at defending the freedoms we take for granted. To all vets past and present THANK YOU.
                  Bracelet Winner

Comment

From WW1 and written on the battlefield by a Major John McRae. (It's why Canucks wear the poppy on 11/11. We remember.)

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
                    Between the crosses, row on row,
                    That mark our place; and in the sky
                    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
                    Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
                    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
                    Loved and were loved, and now we lie
                    In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
                    To you from failing hands we throw
                    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
                    If ye break faith with us who die
                    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
                    In Flanders fields.

Comment

Originally posted by Moxie Pip View Post
                      Thanks to all the veterans out there and may they be honored the other 364 days a year AT LEAST as much as they are today. The deserve our gratitude and whatever assistance they may need every day.
                      +1 million umbup:
                      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

tribute with song from we were soldiers

http://youtu.be/yq3qiCK_GJ8
                        very sad song indeed, from ending scene of movie we were soldiers
                        Last edited by mafikizolo; Tue Nov 15, 2011, 02:46 AM.

Comment

we were soldiers tribute song.

http://youtu.be/yq3qiCK_GJ8

Comment

Mud, thank you for your service, and for sharing your story. That along with the videos, the artwork, the poetry that everybody else posted was the reminder I needed to see to remember why it is we need to take that moment every year in the very least to pay tribute.

I signed up for that 10th Anniversary reload bonus - you get $10 back from PokerStars for earning 10VPP's in 10 days, which is taking like nothing on my part to earn ... so I'm gonna just hand it over to the Veterans wing of my local hospital.

Thank you to all the troops for your service.

PS Moxie, JWK - well said!!
                            Last edited by TrustySam; Wed Nov 16, 2011, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.