PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70 Bilionth Hand. WTF !?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 Bilionth Hand. WTF !?

So... I got up this morning for the first tournament of the day in the Open League (yay!!!!). While registering I saw in the lobby the announcement stating that the 70 billionth hand was to be dealt in the next hour. I usually play some cash tables on the side too, so I thought that was a good opportunity, considering there were fewer people playing at that hour.

Sadly I didn't get to try my luck. I was away for less than 5 minutes and when I got back... I saw the message you all see now in the lobby: "70 billionth hand now dealt". They didn't delay the hand as usual, and as never before there were no table or winner names. Checked the web too. Nothing.

This doesn't seem right to me, so I'll say it again: WTF !? Ideas anyone ?

Everything happened as usual with milestone hands on my end at least. Lobby hand ticker was working fine and when they had the big hand they delayed it about 10 minutes for railers to arrive. Went to a couple of Germans playing HU.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Comment

I figured this hand would be dealt around 5am local time, so I got up at 4am to ensure I had my ticket for the lottery. Forget it. EVERY table seemed to have at least 10 people on the waiting list and new tables were filling faster than you could click

You want sympathy? Not a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Darkman61 View Post
        I figured this hand would be dealt around 5am local time, so I got up at 4am to ensure I had my ticket for the lottery. Forget it. EVERY table seemed to have at least 10 people on the waiting list and new tables were filling faster than you could click

You want sympathy? Not a chance
        I just used the easy seat function and bought into a crap load of 6h PLo tables. Got a lot of tables but Still failed at winning the lottery though
        You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Comment

There is a video up on 2p2 saying they cheated, and colluded to win it

Comment

Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
            Effin rigged if you ask me

Comment

THIS SUCKED, I STAYED UP ALL NIGHT!...with about a million hands left before the big 1, decided to go check out and get myself in on some tables, and OMFG every table had anywhere from 10 to 18 on waiting lists, finally got on a 5c/10c NLHE table with about 100,000 hands to go, and got some idiom playing burn the clock and burnt the clock right through the 70 billionth hand.

I WANT HIS HEAD ON A SILVER PLATTER......arrrrggghhhhhh

10 minutes later, there were 180+ tables with 1 person each, and 120,000 less players on the site.I think today I find an alternative. Only time I've had a problem getting a seat, and still couldn't get a seat with the stakes I'm comfortable with, playing out of my proper buy in range. I guess my point is: Why, when all they are going to do is gain from the rake being taken in, would PokerStars not have enough tables available to account for the mass arrival of players wanting in?
              Last edited by Stakehorse75; Fri Nov 04, 2011, 04:22 PM. Reason: 10 mins later...

Comment

What do you think about european players? The hand was in the middle for the night for us, nice odds

Comment

yeah they should have stopped stars for a few hours so Euro's had a better chance lol

Comment

yeah they should have stopped stars for a few hours so Euro's had a better chance lol
                    Damn right too old boy

Comment

Thats why I said it!!

Comment

Pokerstars dealt it's 7 billionth hand last night to two German players at a heads-up table. The eventual winner of the hand 'Koenigskebap' walked away with in excess of $70,000 US dollars while runner-up 'DodgeUrOuts' also collected a nice win.

The celebration did not last long however as a thread on popular poker forum twoplustwo.com hinted that the two players had colluded to cheat the system.

Pokerstars will have to take a close look at the public perception of this and find ways to improve what is a very popular promotion. It is expected that Pokerstars will again run the milestone hand promotion at the 7.5 billion mark.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

yeah they played 24 tables together, and simply folded every hand

Comment

this whole topic is making me sick

Comment

aaa
                              Last edited by RedLetterman; Fri Dec 23, 2011, 06:40 AM. Reason: aaa

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.