PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My MTT adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My MTT adventure

So here is the story about today that everyone is waiting for (I think) Today I was gonna play in the bigger $5.50 (30k guaranteed) MTT, just for funsies and i didnt know I was gonna embark on an 7 hour adventure. My MTT's never go past the first hour so I started this with the thought of it being the same as the freeroll, nice fast and full of donks. It started out with 3k players but because the 2 hour late registration a total of 10.230 people registered. I was doing the occasional timing out every turn and steal some blinds now and then, chatting with Spike and playing in the open league. Had my ups and downs untill I discovered I was already playing for 2 hours. Not knowing what was ahead of me I just played (I dont remember alot of the hands anymore thats why its a boring story ) I still know it was 150 minutes in and I said to Spike, my dinner is comming up in 30 minutes and I dont know if im gonna survive the blinds... I ended up skipping dinner and eating at 9 PM at my girlfriends house. We were 20 people of the bubble and I get pockets K's so off course I ship it and I get called with A-rag, flop drops an A and I almost fainted. Luckily I hit a flush on the river. Lucky me The longer I kept going in the tournament the more people on teamspeak were rooting for me and watching my table. I love how every hand that i played ran through a live hand analasys (note: nobody helped me in making my decisions, opinions were dealt after the cards were played) I was very short stacked and I remember Chilli (I hope I write it right) and Spike telling me that you can still get up with a short stack so I won twice in a row when i waited long enough. After that I waited a long time again but never got the cards, once the big blind took 1/4th of my stack I went all-in with 47S and lost to a straight. I checked in my mailbox and this is what I found: PokerStars Tournament #544010287, No Limit Hold'em Buy-In: $5.00/$0.50 USD 10354 players Total Prize Pool: $51770.00 USD Tournament started 2011/10/30 14:00:00 CET [2011/10/30 9:00:00 ET] Dear XxTiberxX, You finished the tournament in 147th place. A USD 56.94 award has been credited to your Real Money account. So thanks for all the support guys it was a truly wonderfull education experience umbup:

Spike reminded me about a hand that the small blind with 127k kept bullying me, so I shipped 29k with A3 and he called with A5, board dropped and we got a split pot out of it, 2 hands later he went out and I had 60k

Comment

Really nice win, those big tourneys are tough. Just getting through the buy-in is an ordeal, hope you go even deeper next time!!! umbup:umbup:umbup: PS. currently 604 of 802 in the Big $2.20 10K, 900 paid, PSO is hopping tonite!!
      Last edited by joy7108; Mon Oct 31, 2011, 06:02 AM. Reason: PS
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Congrats Tiber. umbup: Good run in the Bigger $2.20 Joy,keep giving yourself chances to go deep and it will pop for you.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.