PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sitting out is better then actually playing...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sitting out is better then actually playing...?

ok so yesterdays results are in:

. Date ............... Tournament ID ... Finished ............Cost ................. Won ........ Bankroll
    Oct 18 ................ 456590266........... 28/45 ............. -0,25 ................ +0,00 .......... $6,00
    Oct 18 ................ 456597832........... 35/45 ............. -0,25 ................ +0,00 .......... $5,75
    Oct 18 ................ 456599736........... 38/45 ............. -0,25 ................ +0,00 .......... $5,50
    Oct 18 ................ 456605791........... 42/45 ............. -0,25 ................ +0,00 .......... $5,25
    Oct 18 ................ 456606481............ 2/45 .............. -0,25 ................ +2,22 .......... $7,22

the first 4 i was actually playing, the last 1 i sit out when there were 8 people left because i had to go. I came back home and saw i ended up 2nd.

makes me think, why do people go allin when im disconnected over there lol, if i didnt sit out i problaby didnt get that high either
    Last edited by XxTiberxX; Wed Oct 19, 2011, 06:33 PM.

I see that a lot in the play money 27-player games. Person will sit out the entire game and will go out as the 8th or 7th place player. Now I don't know how much you had before sitting out, but if a player goes over a certain amount, say $8K, and the field is down to 18, they sit out and make the money. You did it on the bubble, 8 players, so unless you were the short stack, finishing second doesn't surprise me.

Just out of curiousity, shouldn't this be in the challenge section? It looks like the 100-game challenge that is running there.

Comment

I won a .25 45 man once where the guy I went heads up with was the number 3 or 4 stack when the FT opened and he never came back in the game. It happens.

I'm more interested in what hands you were holding when you went out as early as you did in the other 4 (well the 28th not so much so say the other 3...). You may want to play a lot tighter early in these...remember if you can count past 10 without removing your shoes then you have a competitive advantage over a fair chunk of the field in these. Don't give that away getting married to speculative hands early.
      Last edited by Moxie Pip; Wed Oct 19, 2011, 10:30 PM.

Comment

It wasn't by sitting out, just not getting cards, but won a few of the old double/nothing single table games and 50/50's.... without ever playing a card.
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.