PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a bully

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a bully

Look at the size of the stacks that folded umbup: PokerStars Game #69088804688: Tournament #447029398, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level IX (150/300) - 2011/10/17 3:13:42 WET [2011/10/16 22:13:42 ET] Table '447029398 221' 9-max Seat #1 is the button Seat 1: spike8998 (1945 in chips) Seat 2: mrspok1234 (31587 in chips) Seat 3: ricardoeletr (14952 in chips) Seat 4: tigerbuka17 (3172 in chips) Seat 5: andypnmp (325 in chips) is sitting out Seat 6: ibra1203 (10510 in chips) Seat 7: karpinta (18270 in chips) Seat 8: joseparada60 (39670 in chips) Seat 9: GEARDAN (4485 in chips) is sitting out spike8998: posts the ante 30 mrspok1234: posts the ante 30 ricardoeletr: posts the ante 30 tigerbuka17: posts the ante 30 andypnmp: posts the ante 30 ibra1203: posts the ante 30 karpinta: posts the ante 30 joseparada60: posts the ante 30 GEARDAN: posts the ante 30 mrspok1234: posts small blind 150 ricardoeletr: posts big blind 300 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to spike8998 [Qd Qh] mrspok1234 said, "PORTU MARICA KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK PORTU MARICA KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK" GEARDAN is disconnected tigerbuka17: folds andypnmp: folds ibra1203: calls 300 karpinta: calls 300 joseparada60: calls 300 GEARDAN: folds mrspok1234 said, "BUENA IBRA" spike8998: raises 1615 to 1915 and is all-in mrspok1234 has timed out mrspok1234: folds mrspok1234 is sitting out ricardoeletr: folds ibra1203: folds karpinta: folds mrspok1234 has returned joseparada60: folds Uncalled bet (1615) returned to spike8998 spike8998 collected 1920 from pot mrspok1234 said, " Y A ESTE QUE LE PASA??" *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 1920 | Rake 0 Seat 1: spike8998 (button) collected (1920) Seat 2: mrspok1234 (small blind) folded before Flop Seat 3: ricardoeletr (big blind) folded before Flop Seat 4: tigerbuka17 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 5: andypnmp folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 6: ibra1203 folded before Flop Seat 7: karpinta folded before Flop Seat 8: joseparada60 folded before Flop Seat 9: GEARDAN folded before Flop (didn't bet) Do you think I was a bit too aggressive ?

No perfectly normal to shove 6 bb's. Think you either had a nitty image or they all had garbage.

Comment

If your luck runs like mine, somebody would have a king or ace that would match something on the flop. You also doubled your money, not a bad deal. My guess is that you have been card dead earlier, so they didn't see you as any real threat. They had enough to wait for a better opportunity. If one of them had called, and lost, then you would have sufficient chips to challenge as you would then be tripling your money.

Just out of curiousity, where did you finish in this game? If you managed to outlast at least three of these players, I would say good job. If you defeated five, pat yourself on the back as you did well. Defeat more than five, that's excellent.

Comment

So is the KKKKKKKKKKKKKK something like zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I take it? Too funny Spike, all scared of that lil' . umbup:

Comment

This is a simply ATROCIOUS fold by the guy last to act who has 39k.

Getting a bit over 2 to 1 to call, this guy needs slightly less than 33% chance to win the hand to be getting a correct price.

If he recognizes that Spike may be on un-paired overs (like an AK) at least some of the time, 2 "live unders" are getting the correct price to call here.

If he thinks Spike holds a "dominating" hand, then he is rarely going to be worse than about 20% to win.

If he thinks Spike would ONLY jam AA, then 2 minor un-paired cards vs a major over pair still has about a 15% chance to win.

When you factor in how short Spike's stack is, and that this means Spike COULD be jamming on a far wider than premium range, there is no reason to immediately suspect you are in one of the "bad" situations vis a vis your pot odds to call.

When you additionally factor in that calling and losing Spike will only bring Spike to around 18BB or so, and that amount still leaves Spike with a short-ish stack, the "risk" of losing under 5% of your stack is simply not great enough to want to AVOID calling here after limping in.

If you are going to limp/fold to jams by stacks that are this short, you are leaving yourself WAY too vulnerable to bluff shoves and re-steal attempts overall.
          Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

I think that was the best thing you could have done go all in with QQ at the point in the tourney. What I don't understand is why the big stack didn't call unless he had real crap cards. If I was big stack I would have taken you on with catergory 12

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Jenkinz View Post
              I think that was the best thing you could have done go all in with QQ at the point in the tourney. What I don't understand is why the big stack didn't call unless he had real crap cards. If I was big stack I would have taken you on with catergory 12
              Me 2
              I would have called with A2C
              Like JDean said for the % of his stack not to call was horrendous
              He was getting 2 to 1 for less than 5% of his stack
              Last edited by spike8998; Mon Oct 24, 2011, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by !!!111Dan View Post
                So is the KKKKKKKKKKKKKK something like zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I take it?
                No, that's Brazilian for HAHAHAHA.

And BTW, "Y A ESTE QUE LE PASA" is Spanish for "What's up with this guy", so spike did scare everyone pantless there.

Comment

Originally posted by Maj. D Zastr View Post
                  No, that's Brazilian for HAHAHAHA.

And BTW, "Y A ESTE QUE LE PASA" is Spanish for "What's up with this guy", so spike did scare everyone pantless there.

Maybe's ? IDK !!

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.