PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Thanksgiving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Happy Thanksgiving

    To all you Canadians out there.

    Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend with those who are important to you.

    This poor turkey thought he was off the hook this weekend because he's American.

    turkey.jpg

    Unfortunately, he accidentally crossed the border and now his goose his cooked.

  • #2
    Sorry if I'm ignorant... but Canada has a Thanksgiving Day?

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks annie, you have a great week end alsoumbup:
      Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

      7 Time Bracelet Winner


      Comment


      • #4
        gyujdgyhsdghyusdyrjg
        Last edited by Weee--Waise; Wed Oct 26, 2011, 11:41 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          My first Thanksgiving up here it snowed. This one I might just be grilling the turkey outside. As an American married to a Canadian, we will be celebrating another one in 6 weeks or so. umbup:

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RockerguyAA View Post
            Sorry if I'm ignorant... but Canada has a Thanksgiving Day?
            Yep, we have ours earlier than the US. Here in Waterloo Region we celebrate Oktoberfest during this time as well. Effsea, and a few other PSO regulars, would love it here - Oktoberfest is all about beer, sausage, beer, polka music, more beer (and now the polka music is tolerable), German food, more beer - and a designated driver to take you home.

            Google Oktoberfest and see where you should be this coming week. We always get lots of US visitors.

            Maybe PokerStars should host a Canadian Thanksgiving Oktoberfest live tourney. I would be happy to help coordinate.

            Herk

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Freckldgator View Post
              My first Thanksgiving up here it snowed. This one I might just be grilling the turkey outside. As an American married to a Canadian, we will be celebrating another one in 6 weeks or so. umbup:
              Many years ago we bundled the kids in their SNOW SUITS to watch the Thanksgiving Day Oktoberfest parade.

              Comment


              • #8
                Yes, Canadians have a thanksgiving...

                But it is not the same day as the US, plus...

                They serve ham instead of turkey and call it BACON!

                Silly canucks!
                Double Bracelet Winner

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JDean View Post
                  Yes, Canadians have a thanksgiving...

                  But it is not the same day as the US, plus...

                  They serve ham instead of turkey and call it BACON!

                  Silly canucks!
                  Yep, ham is an option, but around my neck of the Canadian woods most tables feature turkeys.

                  Canadian Bacon - another great invention!

                  We have to celebrate earlier than the US because we freeze over before November and hibernate till Spring - sometime in late April. (And if you believe this you are not a poker player.)

                  Herk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    happy thanksgiving to all the canadians as well hope everyone has a great day with there loved ones,and herk nice to know theres someone in the forum from kw in just down the road from you in stratford
                    3 Time Bracelet Winner


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Herkstwin View Post
                      Yep, we have ours earlier than the US. Here in Waterloo Region we celebrate Oktoberfest during this time as well. Effsea, and a few other PSO regulars, would love it here - Oktoberfest is all about beer, sausage, beer, polka music, more beer (and now the polka music is tolerable), German food, more beer - and a designated driver to take you home.

                      Google Oktoberfest and see where you should be this coming week. We always get lots of US visitors.

                      Maybe PokerStars should host a Canadian Thanksgiving Oktoberfest live tourney. I would be happy to help coordinate.

                      Herk
                      Im german and livin in the states all my life except a few years here and there. The more I hear about Canada the more I salivate. Esp. beer, sausage, beer, forget the polka just add some Santana, and moe beer. Wow. AND you guys can play poker online up there huh? Hmmmm. Good medical plan have u as well , huh. SSSsss...but isnt pot legal in Toronto? .....
                      Listen, im not kiddin send a link to what someone has to do to live up there, will u?
                      cheers and I'm so jealous. J.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Happy turkey day

                        Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadian Turkeys, hope everyone gets stuffed. Have a great weekend and be safe
                        2012 Double Bracelet Winner

                        Bracelet Winner

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ronh1967 View Post
                          happy thanksgiving to all the canadians as well hope everyone has a great day with there loved ones,and herk nice to know theres someone in the forum from kw in just down the road from you in stratford
                          Hey Ron, nice to know someone in the neighbourhood. Have you lived in Stratford very long? I went to
                          "Teachers College" there in 1967. My wife has a good friend there. And everyone knows that Justin Beaber is from Stratford. Not that guys my age really care, but nice to see him doing well.
                          Last edited by Herkstwin; Mon Oct 10, 2011, 08:05 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by johannfl View Post
                            Im german and livin in the states all my life except a few years here and there. The more I hear about Canada the more I salivate. Esp. beer, sausage, beer, forget the polka just add some Santana, and moe beer. Wow. AND you guys can play poker online up there huh? Hmmmm. Good medical plan have u as well , huh. SSSsss...but isnt pot legal in Toronto? .....
                            Listen, im not kiddin send a link to what someone has to do to live up there, will u?
                            cheers and I'm so jealous. J.
                            Effsea can fill you in on the beer scene - he seems to have a handle on that aspect of our culture.

                            Yep, we play online poker for REAL MONEY. No Black Friday here - and winnings are tax free - even at casinos! As for the medical plan, you'll get mixed opinions. But, the plan is fair for all and we take care of our brothers and sisters. No, sorry to disappoint you, but pot is not yet legal in Toronto.

                            Looking to move to the Frozen North? Google Government of Canada and check out immigration.

                            Herk

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.