PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please explain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Please explain

    How is it possible that Monkeyskunk4 comes in 4th place in the PREMIERE league, yet get absolutely NO mention whatsoever in the weekly roundup??? We get told about the top 3 players all of whom have never posted in this forum... Monk and I have had our problems, as have others here, but he deserves credit where credit is due. That would be in the weekly paper written for the PSO players, not completely ignored like he would have been if not for Honu's post earlier in the week. Now you can say well there was a post already, but I call BS on that! This is the Pso's own taking 4th place in the best league we have... and yet not a mention of it... but we get a lecture on treating people well and with respect, because we would not want to scare them off of the forums.... I could really say something here but I will let Moxie expand if he wishes to In closing I think its pretty shady that he isnt given a single mention, yet at the end we get lectured on treating people right.. Good job Monkumbup: congrats and if you ever get back here I will still take shots at ya
    Last edited by roomik17; Fri Oct 07, 2011, 03:28 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
    How is it possible that Monkeyskunk4 comes in 4th place in the PREMIERE league, yet get absolutely NO mention whatsoever in the weekly roundup??? We get told about the top 3 players all of whom have never posted in this forum... Monk and I have had our problems, as have others here, but he deserves credit where credit is due. That would be in the weekly paper written for the PSO players, not completely ignored like he would have been if not for Honu's post earlier in the week. Now you can say well there was a post already, but I call BS on that! This is the Pso's own taking 4th place in the best league we have... and yet not a mention of it... but we get a lecture on treating people well and with respect, because we would not want to scare them off of the forums.... I could really same something here but I will let Moxie expand if he wishes to In closing I think its pretty shady that he isnt given a single mention, yet at the end we get lectured on treating people right.. Good job Monkumbup: congrats and if you ever get back here I will still take shots at ya
    +1000
    sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
      How is it possible that Monkeyskunk4 comes in 4th place in the PREMIERE league, yet get absolutely NO mention whatsoever in the weekly roundup??? We get told about the top 3 players all of whom have never posted in this forum... Monk and I have had our problems, as have others here, but he deserves credit where credit is due. That would be in the weekly paper written for the PSO players, not completely ignored like he would have been if not for Honu's post earlier in the week. Now you can say well there was a post already, but I call BS on that! This is the Pso's own taking 4th place in the best league we have... and yet not a mention of it... but we get a lecture on treating people well and with respect, because we would not want to scare them off of the forums.... I could really say something here but I will let Moxie expand if he wishes to In closing I think its pretty shady that he isnt given a single mention, yet at the end we get lectured on treating people right.. Good job Monkumbup: congrats and if you ever get back here I will still take shots at ya
      Scoop McDonkerson has an axe,Scoop McDonkerson will grind said axe I guess...

      Comment


      • #4
        Thats what happens when small people get a taste of power. Since theyve never had any real power in their pitiful lives they dont know what to do with it. Its just a sad fact of life.
        Bracelet Winner

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by FLsnookman View Post
          Thats what happens when small people get a taste of power. Since theyve never had any real power in their pitiful lives they dont know what to do with it. Its just a sad fact of life.
          US peeps get back on here and I have another top 2 or 3 finish the only mention I'll prolly get will be about the pending investigation. Meh,that would actually be a valid point though I guess. moke:inidonk:

          Comment


          • #6
            He probably didn't want to be called out for making up another interview with a player. Which is why I quit reading it. evil:
            Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by joker41673 View Post
              He probably didn't want to be called out for making up another interview with a player. Which is why I quit reading it. evil:
              hmmm the plot thickens.....umbup:

              Comment


              • #8
                With all due respect, is it possible that in prior months the article only addressed the top three? I cannot say if he did or didn't mention others, but in most stories about a race, only the top three get noticed, unless there is a celebrity in the contest.

                Comment


                • #9
                  He is one of us,

                  Wait a go Monkeyskunk.
                  Whirlwind of a month, 5 final tables in the last 25 games played and you took it down twice in a row.
                  Wow fantastic Monk, congratulations.

                  (and thanks Roomik, I have not been following the leagues, and sure would of hated to miss the opportunity to give Monk a slap on the back for a fine job on the felt.)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cairn Destop View Post
                    With all due respect, is it possible that in prior months the article only addressed the top three? I cannot say if he did or didn't mention others, but in most stories about a race, only the top three get noticed, unless there is a celebrity in the contest.
                    Last months premier league paragraph only mentioned the top 3 finishers, this one was in the exact same format.
                    Head Live Trainer
                    Check out my Videos

                    4 Time Bracelet Winner



                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Besides the cool $1,650 monkeyskunk just won, I'm sure the fact his peers in the forum have created multiple threads to congratulate him more than makes up for not being mentioned in the roundup.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Round up Round up Round up!!!!

                        Which horse do we burn down first?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'd love to see the round-up interviews kept to OUR PSO players, but in this case, I think I know the answer...

                          Monk is perma-banned... How is Eric gonna contact him?

                          That being said, congrats, Monk. Best of luck to you.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            not requesting an interview, just an acknowledgement of one of our own finishing higher than anyone else in the pso

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
                              not requesting an interview, just an acknowledgement of one of our own finishing higher than anyone else in the pso
                              Well, that seems to be a perfectly reasonable request.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.