PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't I play both leagues?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't I play both leagues?

I entered open and won a premier ticket, but I'm not really interested in premier as its above my skill level. Why am I not listed in the open league when I've played 2 games and done well?

Hi Queensclub83

If you read the info on the League Overview it explains.

Basically, if you are in the Premier League you can still take part in any Open Skill League tournaments, but you will not be scored in that league.

The Open Skill League is open to all, anyone registered with Pokerstars can play, but only qualifying PSO members that are not in the Pokerschool Premier League get scored for the leaderboard.

For instance in the first Open League tournament this month there were 7,393 entrants of which only 3,454 were scored on the open league leaderboard.

I would advise you to give the Premier League a shot, it is a better standard of play and if you think your skill level is not high enough yet it should help you to improve. If you don't play the premier you will not be scored on the leaderboard and will be relegated back to play in the Open League next month, the same as if you do play and come below the qualifying mark of 800 players with 20+VPPs.

But you might find you do better than you expect and there are prizes for 1/3 of the entrants so you never know.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.