PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heading to the Falls the weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Heading to the Falls the weekend

    Hey gang,

    As the title says I am planning on heading on a big road trip to Niagara Falls this weekend. Okay, a 45 min road trip anyway.

    Planning on sitting down for the first time at a casino table and seeing what I have, or don't have.

    Any info on playing live at a casino would be very helpful. Also, for those other locals that have played at Fallsview ect..Any and all info is welcome

    Such as buy in amounts of different tables. Level of play at the different buy in levels. I have NO info, and don't much like walking into to this without as much info as possible.

    If anyone else is interested...Let me know.

    Thanks in advance,

    Dale
    3 Time Bracelet Winner


  • #2
    my advice to you is watch the table play while you were on the wait list. as you will soon see I'm sure, you'll be chomping at the bit to sit down. friday and saturday nights are always fresh fish night at every casino I've ever been to. so bring the tatar sause and enjoy your meal! seriously though, just play abc tag style poker and you should be eating fish for a week! GL
    May the tinfoil protect you. MT

    Comment


    • #3
      I think $1/$2 is the lowest cash tables they have, so you'll need at least $200.

      Comment


      • #4
        Anyone have some free time this weekend?? Could be good for a couple of laughs. umbup: Dale
        3 Time Bracelet Winner

        Comment


        • #5
          wish I could make it...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
            wish I could make it...

            Change some plans....Since we are now members of ones "Special" club.... LMAO

            Dale
            3 Time Bracelet Winner

            Comment


            • #7
              gyujdgyhsdghyusdyrjg
              Last edited by Weee--Waise; Wed Oct 26, 2011, 11:41 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Weee--Waise View Post
                I live 10 minutes from the Fallsview and i've never been there.

                If you haven't looked up some info on the poker room at the Fallsview yet here you go.

                http://www.fallsviewcasinoresort.com.../PokerRoom.pdf

                Thank you Weee. Quite helpful.

                Room is booked, is it still only Monday?

                Dale
                3 Time Bracelet Winner

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dale442 View Post
                  As the title says I am planning on heading on a big road trip to Niagara Falls this weekend. Okay, a 45 min road trip anyway.
                  I got you beat on length of trip. I'm traveling a full hour fifteen minutes to the Ameristar/Vicksburg. It has been two years since my last casino adventure (a very profitable trip BTW) but then I lived 8 hours away.

                  Good luck on the felt Dale. Expect to be nervous the first few orbits. I am every trip.

                  Act like a complete newb and they will be falling over themselves to give you money!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
                    I got you beat on length of trip. I'm traveling a full hour fifteen minutes to the Ameristar/Vicksburg. It has been two years since my last casino adventure (a very profitable trip BTW) but then I lived 8 hours away. Good luck on the felt Dale. Expect to be nervous the first few orbits. I am every trip. Act like a complete newb and they will be falling over themselves to give you money!
                    Thanks Joe, So no chip shuffling??umbup: Dale
                    3 Time Bracelet Winner

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Dale knock your chips over a couple times and ask how much are these worth also ask what happens when you need a toilet break, all the rookie questions and moves. They will have no idea you are a Wolf in sheeps clothing, wish I could join you for the inevitable bloodbath but the bus leaves too early for me. My brother and me are going to Vegas on March 1st for a week of soild poker,its the second time we have mixed it over there. We split our winnings at the end, last time we showed a profit of $720 for the week and half the week we were swimming with the sharks at Binnions. Good Luck... Gate
                      Last edited by gatehouse999; Tue Oct 04, 2011, 02:11 PM. Reason: *
                      2012 Double Bracelet Winner
                      Bracelet Winner

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi Dale,

                        I live 2 hours from Fallsview but have never played there. Friends of mine play there quite a bit and find there are quite a few "crazies" at the tables. Stick to TAG poker and you should be able to hook a few of those fish for some nice pots.

                        My preference is across the river at Seneca. They have a $1/$2 max $100 buy-in, so it is easier on the bankroll when someone pushes all-in preflop and you are considering calling with your pocket JJ. Heading down there in a few weeks for some R&R. My wife gets a free room and enough comps to cover most of our meals, so I tag along and play poker.

                        I too got nervous playing in casinos. My hands would shake and my body would twitch. They could count a couple dozen tells just by watching me for a few minutes. Your online skills will see you through the nerves.

                        Enjoy the trip. Let us know how it turns out.

                        Herk
                        Last edited by Herkstwin; Tue Oct 04, 2011, 05:15 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by gatehouse999 View Post
                          Dale knock your chips over a couple times and ask how much are these worth also ask what happens when you need a toilet break, all the rookie questions and moves. They will have no idea you are a Wolf in sheeps clothing, wish I could join you for the inevitable bloodbath but the bus leaves too early for me. My brother and me are going to Vegas on March 1st for a week of soild poker,its the second time we have mixed it over there. We split our winnings at the end, last time we showed a profit of $720 for the week and half the week we were swimming with the sharks at Binnions. Good Luck... Gate

                          Thanks Gate...good laugh there. I see a few more "Rookie" things in my future....

                          I see..."wake up dummy"....Placing my own blinds/antes
                          "How much is in the pot now"...."where the hell is the display for this"
                          "How much is 2.5 times the BB".... and soo many more.

                          Good thing I do enjoy laughing at myself.

                          Debating if I should play the $1/2 tables or the $2/5. I will buy in at 100 bigs whichever I choose. Any thoughts on this???


                          Dale
                          Last edited by dale442; Tue Oct 04, 2011, 08:37 PM.
                          3 Time Bracelet Winner

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The 1/2 will be super soft (from my exp. Anyway) just keep an eye out for dorsil fins protruding from the water. You'll know em b4 u sit down if your looking. This is givin me the itch to get to A/C
                            May the tinfoil protect you. MT

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm sure you will end up in profit and my cut isonly 25% for the first 100 profit and 33% for each 100 after that, fair i think you will agree, just send it by donkey, oops i mean pony Express. Good Luck
                              2012 Double Bracelet Winner
                              Bracelet Winner

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.