PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition for online poker in the USA!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition for online poker in the USA!

Hey guys, just found out about an online petition at Whitehouse.gov for online poker in the USA! Learned about this while reading Randy Lew's latest blog entry at http://www.randylew.com

This is the real deal. Very important for US players to get behind this. Please sign it! Mr. Nanonoko - Randy Lew did! I did!!!

Link to petition:
    http://wh.gov/g0i

I'm in!
    Last edited by JWK24; Sun Sep 25, 2011, 03:30 AM.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Me three. Come on US peeps,sign this petition. umbup:

Comment

If I could I would,( dose being world citizen, count !umbup this is web site i came across ( it may been on here or other site!), just after Black Friday. I was going too join but i think its just for USA players? ( I hope this helps, if not yet checked out! ) PokerPlayersAlliance http://theppa.org/
        3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

i signed it.

I have two daughters, both in their twenties, that still live with me. I asked them how they liked living in my house rent free. Then I showed them the petition, They both signed it.

God I miss Pokerstars

Comment

Thanks for the link. I have shared it with everyone I could. # 5014 evil:
            Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

Comment

4195 come on ! And yeah high, eveyone should be a member of the ppa!! If you're not, join today!!
              Last edited by mtnestegg; Mon Sep 26, 2011, 05:29 PM.
              May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

Petition needs 5000 signatures by October 22, 2011 to be officially reviewed by the White House. It currently has 5045.

Comment

Originally posted by rockerguyaa View Post
                  petition needs 5000 signatures by october 22, 2011 to be officially reviewed by the white house. It currently has 5045.

and needs a few thousand more!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mtnestegg View Post
                    and needs a few thousand more!!!!
                    A few HUNDRED thousand more... Every play money table I sit on right now I'm imploring US peeps to go to the site and sign. Even if they have never played for real money in the past they should at least want to have the right to have that option available to them in the future. And the sooner the better. Get the word out peeps....umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Moxie Pip View Post
                      A few HUNDRED thousand more... Every play money table I sit on right now I'm imploring US peeps to go to the site and sign. Even if they have never played for real money in the past they should at least want to have the right to have that option available to them in the future. And the sooner the better. Get the word out peeps....umbup:
                      That's a great idea Moxie. I might just download the .net software just for that purpose now. Also, I play some free poker tournaments at a couple local bars every week. Definitely going to bring up the petition like 20 times during each of the tournaments lol.

Comment

Eeyup! Get anyone and everyone of voting age to sign. Tell family if they don't sign you'll disown them! I would, but sure as hell that one would backfire on ME...

Comment

Ha! i have a feeling you guys will be back on here soonumbup: can't wait

Comment

Unfortunately, you have to sign up with their organization if you want to sign the petition. Last time I joined one of those petition sites, my e-mail box literally exploded with spam, viruses, and swindles. Thought this was somehow connected to the White House or some government service.

Comment

Originally posted by Cairn Destop View Post
                              Unfortunately, you have to sign up with their organization if you want to sign the petition. Last time I joined one of those petition sites, my e-mail box literally exploded with spam, viruses, and swindles. Thought this was somehow connected to the White House or some government service.
                              It is connected to the white house and you WILL NOT receive any spam in your e mail, the web site is run by the Obama admin. I signed it on the 22nd and haven't gotten any e mails connected to it. Sign it, you have nothing to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.