PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

League errors beginning of month

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League errors beginning of month

Hi Everyone,

As many of you are aware, we made a mistake in issuing tickets to the Leagues this month. It was the first month we had to combine members from the three leagues and obviously we didn’t iron out the process and the result is that 290 members from the Open League were incorrectly awarded a ticket and 290 members from the Premier League were not awarded their ticket. We have now rectified those problems and have settled on what we think is the best way forward for the two leagues given that there will be winners and losers no matter which decisions we make.

The main concern for the Premier League is that some players have missed tournaments where they could have earned points. They also could have lost points, but we understand that they aren’t really thinking about this aspect now. However, players coming into the Premier League with 1500 points today are ahead of half of the field – the median score was 1497. And several players that finished in the top 10 last month skipped tournaments in the closing days – with one particular player skipping all tournaments from August 17th on. On average the top 10 players in last months league played 44 tournaments and the winner played 36. So we have decided that we should not take any action to address this issue.

This is even less of a concern for the Open League as there are even more tournaments in the month and even more skipping of final tournaments by the league leaders and so we are also not going to address this issue in the Open League either. However, we are offering the players that have been removed from the Premier League a small consolation series of freerolls - because we know that they genuinely believed they had earned a spot in the Premier League and have a real sense of loss.

The other concern regards the scoring of the leagues. Both will be rescored with the players that were incorrectly in them being removed.

There may be other issues and if we have overlooked a compelling one, we will consider how to address it. But we are anxious to put this behind us and get back to watching the competition. We deeply regret that we have caused such confusion and frustration and will work hard to make sure future months are kicked off without a hitch.

Sincerely,

The PSO Team
    Last edited by PSO Admin; Thu Oct 06, 2011, 05:25 PM.

Thanks for the apology and explanation.

I am very surprised by the numbers involved, I wasn't expecting them to be that high. I understand your decisions although I think you will find with the changes to the premier format this month, come the end of the month most premier players including the top end players will have played a lot more tournaments than in August and be more likely to back themselves to pick up still more points in the closing stages.

Any idea when the league recalculations will be completed?

Thanks for getting it sorted - just want to crack on now.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

There was always going to be glitches so it's understandable. Just want the table to be updated so i can see where i am. No worries. umbup: B

Comment

Ya it's all good as long as you all have Caught on to it, that's the main thing, and you all have Been Very Prompt with your action...I thank you for your hard work and Diligence in Solving this matter as Quickly as you all did over at Stars and the PSO

Comment

Still playing???

Why are there STILL players who apparently shouldn't be in the league playing at my table in the Prem. as of Sept 7, 1600 PT? I got 2 tickets posted to my account on Sept.5 . Perhaps this month is FUBARed and should be just opened up as some kind of practice league and resumed with CORRECT tickets based on August results on the 3rd of Oct.

Comment

Prem tickets given to players ranked 7000+?

I played TODAY with a player who was ranked 7352 in the Prem Qualifier League

Comment

Originally posted by j2twww View Post
              What did they place in the open?
              You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Comment

They weren't in it! I checked every name in ALL Leagues.

It occurs to me that the PSO should publish a list of which players got tickets to the Prem, their rankings in any league they played in, and who STILL has Prem Tickets.

This just keeps getting more fubared.

Comment

I was just looking up my ooponents rankings and records as I played them in the Prem league and found some disturbing stats. Of the 5 I checked 3 did not APPEAR to be eligible. There may be many reasons for this but to find 3 on the same table the first time I checked is very odd. 2 of them finished as of AUG 31 in the Open Skill League at 676 and 887th position. I checked and only the top 500 make it. Why are these players at a table in the Prem? The last one was ranked 7352 in the Prem Skill Qualifier League. Again same question...Why? Since then I have found 1 more with no record at all in any league. Maybe others should start checking as well.

Read more: Qualified to play Prem League? - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1XJmQnfwi

Comment

Geeeeeeee

Some people haven't read the rules to qualify

Player also qualify through Premier qualifier
                    One player was in the 20,000 in open league, but top 20 in the qualifier

Also it's not necessarily the top 500 of Open, as some players don't have the VPP's, therefore it could go to 1,000th place, who knows!!

Same goes with the Premier, instead of top 800, it could be top 1,300

So please don't ASSume

Comment

Originally posted by PSO-Staff View Post
                      Hi Everyone,

As many of you are aware, we made a mistake in issuing tickets to the Leagues this month. It was the first month we had to combine members from the three leagues and obviously we didn’t iron out the process and the result is that 290 members from the Open League were incorrectly awarded a ticket and 290 members from the Premier League were not awarded their ticket. We have now rectified those problems and have settled on what we think is the best way forward for the two leagues given that there will be winners and losers no matter which decisions we make.

The main concern for the Premier League is that some players have missed tournaments where they could have earned points. They also could have lost points, but we understand that they aren’t really thinking about this aspect now. However, players coming into the Premier League with 1500 points today are ahead of half of the field – the median score was 1497. And several players that finished in the top 10 last month skipped tournaments in the closing days – with one particular player skipping all tournaments from August 17th on. On average the top 10 players in last months league played 44 tournaments and the winner played 36. So we have decided that we should not take any action to address this issue.

This is even less of a concern for the Open League as there are even more tournaments in the month and even more skipping of final tournaments by the league leaders and so we are also not going to address this issue in the Open League either. However, we are offering the players that have been removed from the Premier League a small consolation series of freerolls - because we know that they genuinely believed they had earned a spot in the Premier League and have a real sense of loss.

The other concern regards the scoring of the leagues. Both will be rescored with the players that were incorrectly in them being removed.

There may be other issues and if we have overlooked a compelling one, we will consider how to address it. But we are anxious to put this behind us and get back to watching the competition. We deeply regret that we have caused such confusion and frustration and will work hard to make sure future months are kicked off without a hitch.

Sincerely,

The PSO Team
                      thanks for the explanation & hallo to all players...

Comment

This is how PSO rolls when they get boned with a massive, um, "bad beat," before or after "Black Friday..."

As best as they possibly can.

It ain't easy for them, but they keep trying to make it right for everyone.

Comment

Can you please confirm who this was so that we can check? At this point I am not aware that anyone that should not be playing is able to.

Why are there STILL players who apparently shouldn't be in the league playing at my table in the Prem. as of Sept 7, 1600 PT? I got 2 tickets posted to my account on Sept.5 . Perhaps this month is FUBARed and should be just opened up as some kind of practice league and resumed with CORRECT tickets based on August results on the 3rd of Oct.

Comment

I checked all yesterdays and todays prem league events in the client and that user did not participate in any of them. I went to last months prem qualifier league and found user palyndra23 in position 7352 so assume that is the player you are referring to.

At this time we are confident that only the correct 1500 eligible players for the premier league are able to play.

However, if anyone believes that there are still any problems feel free to let me know and I will look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brizer73 View Post
                              There was always going to be glitches so it's understandable. Just want the table to be updated so i can see where i am. No worries. umbup: B
                              Leaderboard will be updated very soon. Issue is fixed and calculations running now.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.