PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep Stack strategy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Stack strategy?

AKs in late position facing 3bet from BB effective stack 250bb+

Is just a call? 4bet? shove?

Do you expect a simple answer with the best decision to be taken ? Bad news, there isn't one.

It depends on a lot of factors, like the 3bet%, fold to steal% of the guy in the BB, him being able to play the opponent not the cards and if so your steal%, him being TAG, LAG, donk, your image at the table, the number of hands that you're basing your stats on, instinct, etc.

Comment

It really depends on table dynamics
      Is the BB loose/tight/passive ?
      What 2 cards have you seen that they have played ?
      How big is their stack ? Can you you bet him off the hand ?
      If you call the pre flop raise and miss , its an easy fold if they have a PP and trip up and bet first

Comment

Way too villain dependant to give you any descent answer, but I'm never or very close to never shoving AK, suited or no, 250 deep.
        May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

What they said.

The only thing that's certain is, it will almost always be a spew to stack off AK pre 250bb's deep, only going to be profitable against a select group of really bad spewtard villains.
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

ty for all answers I do realise every hand is situation dependent I was just trying to get a general idea. keep them coming. ty.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
              What they said.

The only thing that's certain is, it will almost always be a spew to stack off AK pre 250bb's deep, only going to be profitable against a select group of really bad spewtard villains.
              thanks for not using my name specifically Dave....
              May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

What they said.

I can't wait for JDean's response
                Hope your sitting comfortably

Comment

Originally posted by spike8998 View Post
                  I can't wait for JDean's response
                  Hope your sitting comfortably

I was trying to save JD time by posting the cliff notes version. ;P
                  Head Live Trainer
                  Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

at this stage in my poker game play, i would call almolst 100% of the time in this situation, and focus on post flop play.

if i 4 bet and he pushes i got myself into a sit. i dont wanna be in (vomit) which is

going all in w/ ak pre 250 bb deep

the only exception is if villain is always doing this ..esp. w/ a and k rags, etc, . and im prob ahead, then ill take all his chips, sure. id love to play that hand if im crushing him most times, its a coin flip the remaining 20-30%, and I loose only 20% bad luck/suckout. Those odds i feel comfortable w/.

the way i see it is even flat calling, on a 3 bet, shows a lot of strength too. if villain 3 bet to steal and i call, i think he would be smart to be very careful post flop, and hate any continued aggression from me.

i guess thats pretty basic, but thats where im at now.
                    Last edited by johannfl; Fri Sep 09, 2011, 12:21 PM.

Comment

I was trying to save JD time by posting the cliff notes version. ;P
                      LMFAO Dale P.S. but well worth it umbup:umbup:
                      3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.