PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Language at the tables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Language at the tables

This is ridiculous. Players speak in whatever language they like, then moan when I tell them to speak English only. One tonight told me it was none of my business.

How about some points penalties for instances of foreign being written at the tables?

5 points per offence ought to sort it out.

Search the forum and you'll find the answer
    HINT: chat moderators

Comment

Yes, I do that. Then 5 minutes later it starts again. I've called mods more this month than ever before combined.

Comment

Do you call when there's at least 5 lines and each containing at least 5 words and from the same player?
        Because they won't do anything below those conditions
        You also need to call every time
        They might not always show up because they're working only at 25%, since most American mods have left (this means about 4-5 mods per hour for about 25,000 tables

All I can say is keep on calling mods, that's what I do

Comment

So it's a 4x4+1. A kinda enhanced version of your normal off roader. That should be easy to remember

Comment

lol D.

Comment

Originally posted by Pentire View Post
              This is ridiculous. Players speak in whatever language they like, then moan when I tell them to speak English only. One tonight told me it was none of my business.

How about some points penalties for instances of foreign being written at the tables?

Maybe you should become a mod yourself, you could deal out punishment all day.

Comment

rwtyujkuhtrgewfrtyuioiytr
                Last edited by Weee--Waise; Mon Sep 05, 2011, 04:17 AM.

Comment

with the US market gone, probably 75% of their business comes from countries where English is not a first language. (Can, UK, Aus, NZ being obvious exceptions)

And I would guess there is a big percentage who dont speak any or very little English, the website/lobby are in multiple languages now so it is easy to navigate.

There isnt much stars can do without alienating a large number of players. I expect them to change their policy eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Pentire View Post

your right bro this is a great post rules are bto be followed by every player
                    3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Mon Aug 29, 2011, 07:14 PM.
                      4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ronh1967 View Post
                        your right bro this is a great post rules are bto be followed by every player
                        Only in America!

Like the poster above you stated, it's all nice having rules but what with the people that do not speak english? They can't even read the rules let alone chat in english.

Comment

(I believe) the rules are in whatever language a person chooses the languge to be when they open an account (or select that option at a future time via options tab) so if they leave it in english on their end, yet can't read english, that's on them. And imo the whole 5 lines of chat b4 anything at all is done is just so chat mods are't inundated with work. Just my quick .02
                          Last edited by mtnestegg; Mon Aug 29, 2011, 05:17 PM.
                          May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

English is a world wide spoken language and every 1 learns it at school no matter where they r from, so no excuses if u dont know the rules there is google translate, follow the rules and dont type at all if u dont know english is what i say. Clearly states english only chat and no matter USA players r out, 90 % of the rest of the world at pokerstars knows english, its just the ignorant ones that dont want to type in english that cause the problem. GL at the tables

Comment

Originally posted by KOingDonks View Post
                              English is a world wide spoken language and every 1 learns it at school no matter where they r from, so no excuses if u dont know the rules there is google translate, follow the rules and dont type at all if u dont know english is what i say. Clearly states english only chat and no matter USA players r out, 90 % of the rest of the world at pokerstars knows english, its just the ignorant ones that dont want to type in english that cause the problem. GL at the tables
                              That is pretty weird, because when I was in school I never had any english.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.