PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dilemma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilemma

No, it's not about the PSO Leagues, that's easy - I'll give PL's new format a try.

When I'm playing cash tables I check some of the players that I find interesting, either by sucking out on me (I enjoy confirming they're losing players ) or playing a good game (to confirm that winning players actually exist ).

Now I ran into this guy(?): meiyic. The amount of hands played / period of time is insane and his graph is inhuman too. Something is fishy and I feel like I should do something about it, like contacting support...

But what am I to say ? That I was breaching PS rules and found someone that is rather a something ?
    Last edited by dR3am3R59; Fri Aug 26, 2011, 04:21 PM.

whats fishy? xxchris123 used to play like 20 tables for 8-10 hours a day

Comment

Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
      whats fishy? xxchris123 used to play like 20 tables for 8-10 hours a day
      I would go blind or permanently be crossed eyed if I did that

Comment

The numbers add up right Playing 24 tables of 6 handed for 6 hours will give him about 13,000 hands So there's nothing wrong umbup:

Comment

24 tables !!!

I wanna know which variant of "interesting person" he is

Comment

Didn't chris post something in the BR management section once when he was thinking about SNG's showing where boku87 used to multi-table as many as 50 tables at a time?
            Last edited by Moxie Pip; Fri Aug 26, 2011, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moxie Pip View Post
              Didn't chris post something in the BR management section once when he was thinking about SNG's showing where boku87 used to multi-table as many as 50 tables at a time?
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f5IUP-ELzA Enjoy. umbup: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by Darkman61 View Post
                24 tables !!!

I wanna know which variant of "interesting person" he is
                I'm thinking... mom's basement, sitting in his underwear, eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

it's not playable 51 tables
                  how do u make reasanoble descissions???

Comment

Originally posted by 77wopke77 View Post
                    it's not playable 51 tables
                    how do u make reasanoble descissions???
                    decisions are very much automated in single table sng's if you understand how to play them correctly according to ICM.
                    Head Live Trainer
                    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Most small field SnGs offer a much narrower range of decisions than do deeper stacked or larger field events or cash games. Add in a HUD to provide information on a player's tendencies and it becomes possible for some people to work up to those numbers. They are exceptions however, not the rule.

Comment

ICM???

Comment

the only thing i see him do is clicking to avoid sitting out
                          Attached Files

Comment

I wouldn't be concerned about someone playing 24 cash tables at a time. If you looked up their stats on a third-party website and they had a huge BB/100 while doing that many tables, that could be sketchy. If I remember correctly, I think nanonoko averaged around 2-4BB/100 hands while 24 tabling mid stakes... and he is one of the best.

Multitabling cash tables and SNG's are completely different experiences. Might as well not even consider them the same game, even if both are NL holdem. In multitabling SNG's you can basically calculate which action to take in a fraction of the second by looking at: your position, your chip stack, the blinds, what 2 cards your holding, your opponents chip stacks, and any raises or reraises that have occured. That sounds like a lot to think about, but a quick glance and a fraction of a second of thought is all it takes to roughly figure out the correct play. It takes a lot of practice of course. The decisions are almost entirely math based when your multitabling SNG's.

Multitabling cash tables is very different. The math aspect is really important for considering pot odds, implied odds. Most of the decision making is based more on situations. You looking for good spots to build a big pot and your looking for bad spots where you need to shut down and save you money. Also, most import is watching your opponents. Most concentration goes to paying attention to what is happening and where. Looking at people's general play style and more specific things they do in specific situations. I don't think that can be done effectively at 24 tables, but that is what people use HUDs for. It allows them to keep track of those things even if it isn't humanly possible...

Because SNGs are more math based, the windows can be cascaded and you can play more because you can fit more on the screen. Most cash multitablers tile the tables so they can always see and keep track of what is going on with all the players.

Just my 2 cents. The most multitabling I have done is 12 cash games(tiled) at once and 12 SNG's(cascaded) at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by 77wopke77 View Post
                              ICM???
                              ICM = Independent Chip Model which assumes your tournament % equity is equal to the % of chips you hold. ICM programs calculate the changein equity and give push/fold decision guidance.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.