PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

September changes to Leagues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September changes to Leagues

Hi everyone. We have been receiving many suggestions this month for ways to improve our Leagues. We have taken your suggestions into consideration and come up with the following changes for September's Leagues:

Premier League:

1. We are adding a new event and timing them as follows (all ET) 02:00, 08:00, 14:00 and 20:00.
    2. Increase starting stack from 1500 to 2500 chips.
    3. shorten the action time per play to: 8 seconds to the warning and an additional 8 seconds after the warning (was 12 seconds previously)
    4. There is a 1 hour sign up time. We are removing the late registration (was 10 mins)

Open League

1. Decrease the level time from 10 mins to 8 mins
    2. shorten the action time per play to: 8 seconds to the warning and an additional 8 seconds after the warning (was 12 seconds previously)
    Last edited by PSO Admin; Thu Oct 06, 2011, 05:26 PM.

NIiiiiice!! Someone scoffed the last time I said "Don't let it be said that PSO doesn't listen to suggestions". These are great Staff. By far the most pertinent changes that were needed to be evaluated are the ones that are covered here. umbup:umbup:

Comment

OOPS to all that took a dive. You have a lot of work to do now lol. GREAT CHANGES. WELL DONE STAFF. HAPPY
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

To quote Mongomery Burns...."EXCELLENT" umbup:
        2012 Double Bracelet Winner
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

How about letting US players back in?

Man I miss PSO, anyone not getting how the Premier league would be awesome for improving your MTT game just will never get it. Also very cool structure with the new changes should make for some very tough tourneys. Can't wait to one day be allowed back to compete.

At least I can still participate in live training and very happy to be able to do that. Good luck all and here's to dreaming someday US players will be welcomed back.

Comment

How about just letting PSO members play? Or improving the payout structure? Or anything else that actually annoys me about the new PSO?

Just sayin'.
            'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Comment

Originally posted by HAPPYSAP View Post
              OOPS to all that took a dive. You have a lot of work to do now lol. GREAT CHANGES. WELL DONE STAFF. HAPPY
              well my dive wasn't on purpose grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

I was one of many to send an email to support from day 1 about structure, chips and tourneys per day. I got used to this structure fast and the 2500 chips is just a bonus that will help a gr8 deal. I dont see 8 minute levels from 10 minute to be a big change but it sure will shorten the tourneys. The added 1 tourney to 4 a day is another plus as we had to wait 12 hours in between second and 3rd tourney. GL all in September and the final 6 days of this month.

Comment

PSO Admin will eventually (September) decide to go with either a 3 tournament/8 hour interval, or, a 4 tournament/6 hour interval.

Read more: Pokerschool Premier League Thread - Page 4 - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1W4krG1up
                  5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Great changes!

Comment

Originally posted by freddysw View Post
                      How about letting US players back in?

Man I miss PSO, anyone not getting how the Premier league would be awesome for improving your MTT game just will never get it. Also very cool structure with the new changes should make for some very tough tourneys. Can't wait to one day be allowed back to compete.

At least I can still participate in live training and very happy to be able to do that. Good luck all and here's to dreaming someday US players will be welcomed back.
                      +1

Unless +1ing is also not allowed for US players... Ah, only for play +1s..

Comment

I didnt qualify for the August Premier League, but I have qualified for September. I was looking forward to it even if no changes had been made. But I have to say....these changes look really really GOOD!!! I am now looking forward to it even more so umbup: +1000 to PSO Staff PS I would however like to see Open League also getting the 1 hour registration window (or even increase it to 30 minutes) with no late registration. As many as 3500 players can bust before extended registration has closed in Open League. Removing extended registration takes away the advantage given to those who purposely register late.
                        Last edited by mcgameboy; Fri Aug 26, 2011, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Very good changes PSO. Thanks for listening umbup:

Comment

TON
                            Last edited by HAPPYSAP; Sat Aug 27, 2011, 01:41 AM.
                            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Mostly good - - one query

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Mon Aug 29, 2011, 06:51 PM.
                              4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.