PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you PSO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you PSO

I had never played or even thought about playing PLO8 before I joined PSO. Then I read the material about collecting VPP, and I thought, "OK, I can fold!" Along the way I also read a book about PLO. I didn't even study the book in detail, I just learned enough to recognise the equivalent of AA or KK in holdem.

I can now add Copernicus' FL Omaha Hi/Lo Freeroll to my arsenal for winning Weekly round 2 tickets, having won a ticket in only my second attempt using this format (took me over 20 tries with NL holdem).

It was touch and go for a lot of the tournament, I really didn't think I was getting dealt my fair share of premium hands, (compared to table mates). I folded a lot playing maybe 1 hand the first hour and 1 or 2 the second. As we came down toward the bubble, I was the guy 120 of 126, 114 of 120, 108 of 114, and so on. As we moved toward the bubble, my hands seemed to get a little better, I took down a low, then another. When we hit 80 (I was 73 or 74 of 80, it folded around to me in the small blind. I had a bunch of low cards so I raised the BB hoping he'd fold. He didn't. He called. Oops, I thought.

Miracle flop 4 6 7 hit my 2 3 5 6 hard. I bet and raised whenever I could, thinking at least I'll take down the high. The BB had T 88 6 which to my mind is an instafold. Nonetheless, he gave me a nice double up with a turn T and a river K and about 80% of his stack. I moved firmly inside the bubble and stayed there until I went out in 45th place.

There's a lot about PLO8 strategy I still find confusing, but, since I also seem to be +money for collecting VPP, I'm still pleased I took it up.

Thanks, PSO.

Nice post Corkie. umbup: Congrats!!

Comment

Hi corky, though i am currently unable toplay here 4 cash, I do remember the the mixed game astronomer freerolls(horse,8 game) were much softer the the hold em tournys. Good luck and see ya out there.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Sometimes this forum can make one scratch their head in befuddlement when they see a useless scree of a post like the one nic infested this space with yesterday get the views and responses it did (before Joe mercifully closed it) and a good,positive post like this goes unnoticed for the most part. That's a shame. Good post Corkie and continued success. umbup:

Comment

tru dat mox, well said Corkyumbup:

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.