PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurricane Irene

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Irene

I wanted to start this thread because I am not sure how many of us PSOers live in or around the east coast.

I posted a bit in POKERSTARS thread and wanted to not derail his thread, so if there are any PSOers who might be impacted, let us know and we will keep tracks on you.

I for one live in Wilmington NC and also live 2 blocks from the Cape Fear River. So for me not only the wind is a factor but so is the river since it is a tidal river. Let's hope this isn't bad for for most of you don't know that I just finished building our first home and just moved into it last month.

Good luck to tou drywall I hope the river spares you home.

my family is in myrtle beach on vacation a the hotel have just
    told them they are going to put them in another hotel until Irene
    passes by.

Hope your family you and you family rides the out without any
    harm....ALL THE BEST AND GOOD LUCK........mm.........

Comment

crazy weather here as well, hey peeps just wanted to stop by and sey whats up, been a while. i live in your areas as well dryman, charlotte..gl on the hurricane..umbup:umbup:

Comment

Took a little turn to the west last night. Now it looks like I gotta get out and pick up a few things I was just gonna let be. We started getting the first winds and a bit of rain late last night. So that little jaunt westward might bring it a lot closer to you Dry..take care to prepare. umbup: Good to see ya' Tariq!!!

Comment

Yeah I got the weather channel on 3 tv's. They still more focused on the Outter Banks than where I am but tomorrow will have the best idea of what will happen. Cat 3 is rough

Comment

Best of luck, I hope it passes you with minimal turmoil
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

UPDATE: Not looking good, I just checked the National Hurricane Center web site and where I live is bordering the RED and PURPLE areas of the storm. It also said it is supposed to strengthen in the next 24 hours. School is on half day tomorrow because we use schools as shelters. I will keep all updated as I know more.

Comment

I'm chillen in Annapolis, Maryland. Last time we got hit by a bad hurricane our downtown area was completely flooded. My exact area should be ok, but definitely expecting to spend some quality time without power this weekend. I have to work on Saturday, should be interesting.

Comment

Lucky here in south Fla, breezy and rainy but thats it. Surf blown out this am but should be good 2morrow. This is a big nasty so I ask all my poker friends living on the north east coast to take this seriously and dont forget the first rule of buying hurricane supplies.....vodka as cheap as water these days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3aT_aEQrmQ
                  Bracelet Winner

Comment

Lot of rain here so far. (Cocoa, FL)
                    I'm sure snookman has had a LOT more.

Dry, after last update, I would very strongly encourage you make all preparations for that flooding and anything else you can protect against. The eye now is predicted closer to Moorehead City than the Outer Banks, but the surge is definitely going to affect you hard.

Thoughts and prayers go out.

Comment

Drywall, we are just as screwed here in Jersey. Sending you a PM about a way to keep in contact with each other so when it's in our area one of us can post how the other is doing.

Tits

Comment

I have the weather channel on and keeping a firm eye on what it's going to do. If it shifts slightly more to the west then our local weather forecasters are saying we better get prepared for some hurricane force winds.
                        I don't want to leave my home but at the same time I don't want to end up on the Spike tv show where the coast guard is rescuing me from the roof of my house because it flooded and I decided to stay.

Comment

hopefully this thing loses some juice by the time you get up here. went to wally world to pick up some medicine for my little 1 and a few things and it was freakin packed! best of luck to anybody who might be impacted. thank god the liquor cabinet is jam packed, so I'll be just fine.. thoughts are with you drywall...gl man
                          May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

bump

Comment

Watched local news last night, said there was a small possibility Irene goes west right up into the Chesapeake bay.... that would really suck! If that happens my area is taking a direct hit. Go east Irene!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.