PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Timed MTT"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Timed MTT"

A "Timed MTT" is taking place in about 30 mins.... The tourney ends after 6 levels (30mins) and then the prizepool will be split 50% amoung the survivors and 50% to the chip percentage. sounds fun and easy, i'm givin it a go.

And......................

How easy was it ?

Comment

Super easy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

details?

Comment

Details as follows roomik...

Buyin $2.20

Game types available: ONLY NL Holdem - there WAS NL Omaha Hi/Lo when I first spotted these timed tournies in the lobby about 6 hours ago, but it seems they are no longer available according to what I have just seen in the lobby.

Length of Tournament: Anything from 15 minutes to 180 minutes.

15 and 30 minute tournies are 5 minute levels
          60 and 90 minute tournies are 10 minute levels
          120 and 180 minute tournies are 15 minute levels

Starting Stack :Looks like it is 1500 chips for all tournaments, regardless of length

Level 1 blinds : Looks like they are 20/40 for all tournaments, regardless of length

Prize breakdown...there are two types.

Type 1. 50% of the prize pool is shared evenly among the surviving players at tournament's end. The other 50% is divided up among the surviving players according to chip count.

Type 2. The whole prize pool is divided among the surviving players according to chip count.

A friend of mine has played the 15 minute game. He said that they played the first 10 minutes, then his table clocked the last 5 minutes and played a mere 2 hands. This was despite the time bank being only 5 seconds lol.

Comment

This sounds like the perfect combo of Fifty/50 and PSO strategy... I expect the TIC horses to clean these the EFF UP!

Comment

some go 2 hrs too.

That style looks like it's right up my alley... oh yeah.... can't play???!!!!! UGH!!!
              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
                some go 2 hrs too. That style looks like it's right up my alley... oh yeah.... can't play???!!!!! UGH!!!
                Hoping Stars still has all these great promos and games going when we get back on here. umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Moxie Pip View Post
                  Hoping Stars still has all these great promos and games going when we get back on here. umbup:
                  These timed tournies are currently on a trial run Moxie. They are asking players to submit feedback to ideas@pokerstars.com. I hope that the feedback is positive because I think this type of tourny is one where a PSO nit grinder such as myself could do all right umbup:

Comment

I can't find them. But then I'm not sure where I should be looking

Is $2.20 the only buy in currently available ?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkman61 View Post
                      I can't find them. But then I'm not sure where I should be looking

Is $2.20 the only buy in currently available ?
                      Yes D'man...thats the only buyin available.

They are found under the Tourny/Regular/Micro tab. There is a clockface beside the tourny ID (similar to the target symbol that you see for knockout tournies)

Comment

Well i played but ONE hand for the whole 30mins, completely card dead... but yet i still managed to last the 30 mins but with only 535 chips. I recieved $2.46... my buy-in and 46cents, i'm gonna have to try some more, i didn't know there was other variations of it.

Comment

...deleted...going for java now.
                          Last edited by !!!111Dan; Wed Aug 24, 2011, 05:00 PM.

Comment

I'm curious why you would make such a request. If the address is sponsored by PokerStars, isn't it the same as offerring people the link to customer support?

Comment

Never mind...thanks hedgehog...i didn't even look too close..my bad..not enough .

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.