PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay, Who Greased The Leaderbard ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, Who Greased The Leaderbard ?

Was in 81st place a few days ago now on a run of minus scores and cant seem to halt it, No point in me starting to winge about the bad beats I've taken in the last 4 days yo've all been there, lets just say I really suck at poker and leave it at that or did someone really grease the leadreboard. Seriously how do you change it ? Do you play more or leave it a few days ?
    2012 Double Bracelet Winner
    Bracelet Winner

do you remember any of the hands you went out on? we're you ahead or behind when the chips went in? when this sort of thing happens to me i tend to tighten up my range a little bit and take it from there.

good luck

Comment

Yep, AA crushed by Trip K on river
      Straight busted by flush on the river
      AK beaten by AJ
      AK lost a race with 88 Thats tha last 4, Seems I cant do right for doing wrong.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

I went on a sick downswing, losing with 70-90% favourite hands 6 or more tournaments in a row if you check my tournament stats after being on a normal run winning with the best hand and winning about half of flips etc. After this I wasn't too bothered about getting it in on the early stages with AK etc because I felt like I had to chase after the points I lost to get back to where I, in my mind, 'rightfully should have been' (top of the leaderboard). So I realized after losing more flips early on with AK that this wasn't the right approach, got kinda pissed off with it and took a little break, maybe playing 1 tournament every day instead of 3 or sometimes none for a few days. Came back and went back to my original style and everything seemed to flow nicely again (besides the last one I played where KJs losing to K10o in the blinds)

Comment

Yep a downswing.
          Not a problem though you are still in fine shape.

Don`t worry though, I am already clearing a pathway to.....you know.

Dale
          3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Cheers guys and Dale I will wave on the way down as I pass you on the way up. GL
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by gatehouse999 View Post
              Cheers guys and Dale I will wave on the way down as I pass you on the way up. GL
              Never know. When the cards run good for you, up ya go. umbup: The 9pm est game last nite. The cutoff shoves into my bb. I call. He has AQo. I have AKs. Flop comes 69Q. OUCH. Turn shows a K. Wow, nice. River shows another Q. Off to the rail I go. Dale
              3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Saw it Dale ,makes you weep, It can be a cruel mistress at times.
                Bracelet Winner

Comment

Need to shoot the batch....Or at least lose her in a poker game.

Dale
                  3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

or this..... Dale
                    Last edited by dale442; Wed Aug 17, 2011, 06:49 AM.
                    3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

try this again.... Dale
                      3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.