PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im still writing senators and congress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im still writing senators and congress

gonna go eat and get ready for a cash tourney im playing on an ".eu" site at 11:00.

i may be breaking the law who knows.

however its nice to see the folks in countries like russia who weve fought a cold war against since 1945, and absolutely opressed countries like iraq who we invaded and liberated so the people can enjoy simple freedoms as rediculous as playing online poker be at peace tonight, and not be in fear of incarceration. god, allah buddah whatever.......bless you....ill go hide in my corner with my laptop and hope the stormtroopers dont kick in my door.

-johann, ga. usa
    Last edited by johannfl; Sun Aug 14, 2011, 05:31 AM.

Originally posted by johannfl View Post
    gonna go eat and get ready for a cash tourney im playing on an ".eu" site at 11:00.

i may be breaking the law who knows.

however its nice to see the folks in countries like russia who weve fought a cold war against since 1945, and absolutely opressed countries like iraq who we invaded and liberated so the people can enjoy simple freedoms as rediculous as playing online poker be at peace tonight, and not be in fear of incarceration. god, allah buddah whatever.......bless you....ill go hide in my corner with my laptop and hope the stormtroopers dont kick in my door.

-johann, ga. usa

And let's never forget that the taxes that are collected on LOTTERY winnings help to pay the salaries of the ass-clowns that took a skill game away from us.

Effing hypocritical scumbags.

Good luck in your tourney.
    Last edited by Moxie Pip; Sun Aug 14, 2011, 05:41 AM.

Comment

ty

yeah and of course since the govt runs the lottery the odds are ungodly. if vegas ran the lottery, it would be illegalm in 5 minutes. even a scratch ticket your odds of even breaking even are about 1 in 8. the odds of just getting a free ticket are 1 in 5. just look at the back of the ticket. , which means another 1 in 5 of just winning another free ticket is crazy. chris furgusen poker pro , math whiz and former designer for the cal. state lottery said the odds of you winning the jackpot are about the same if you buy a ticket or not.

then theres hold em

the only game in vegas where the house does not have the advantage. why? youre not playing the house...just other people. i dont even consider it gambling. roultte is gambling.

...wish i had 50 million votes in my power, shit would change real quick, and it wouldnt be a good day for the democrats OR republicans!
      Last edited by johannfl; Sun Aug 14, 2011, 05:51 AM.

Comment

ps i learned in business a long time ago

you people that are serious abouy this....dont call dont e mail....send them a real " old fashioned" letter. it still means more. remember the guy in shawshank redemption, lol.

gotta run

cya

Comment

That and I actually went to my congressperson's headquarters and had a chance to voice my displeasure over it in person. He knows that I was a fairly vigorous volunteer for him and is on the record as being in favor of legalizing on-line poker.

My biggest hope (once/if this juvenile grandstanding in Congress dies down a little) is that given our deficit and the need for revenue the idea of the licensing fee that any site would be required to pay and the monies from taxing the customers of said site(s) will be enough of an enticement to get us back on here.

Anyone think it's mere coincidence that Prohibition ended during the Great Depression? Money pawns morality in politics.

Comment

and remember, the taxes they collect from customers and licensing fees are chicken scratch compared to the taxes they'll collect from a US based sites profits.. boy, we got some real geniuses workin for us huh?
            Last edited by mtnestegg; Sun Aug 14, 2011, 07:06 AM.
            May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

I hope ur right. i still cant believe the " free-est "country in the world actually passed laws to incarcerate people for drinking. I can only imagine the french and italians with there wine and germans with their beer thought twice about emmigrating to this place during thatbtime, huh. i would have. im german, and i love a good beer. god i just hate all the politics/red tape involved in what should be a simple issue.

Comment

LOL you saw how fast the government shutdown in Minnesota came to a screeching halt when beer,wine and liquor sales were about to be interrupted.

Bread and circuses,plebians. Bread and circuses...

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.