PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AKs vs AA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKs vs AA

this was first hand of premier skill league

its a nice way to start, my only question is why did you limp in with them and not make a raise initially??

Comment

its been my experience that any raise would get me a fold, so figured I would limp and hope for a raise from someone else, then I could reraise :-)

Comment

Hmmm... Limping with AA leaves the door open to more limpers, including those with hands that could improve with many available outs. You are lucky someone raised and were able to get to heads-up pre-flop. Otherwise you could be looking at a flop with 5-6 players, some of whom might have connected with that board. I am not a fan of limping with hands that cannot "grow up" as much as other cards like suited connectors.

Good Luck with the rest of the month in the Premier League - wish I was there with you.

Herk

Comment

Originally posted by Herkstwin View Post
          Hmmm... Limping with AA leaves the door open to more limpers, including those with hands that could improve with many available outs. You are lucky someone raised and were able to get to heads-up pre-flop. Otherwise you could be looking at a flop with 5-6 players, some of whom might have connected with that board. I am not a fan of limping with hands that cannot "grow up" as much as other cards like suited connectors. Good Luck with the rest of the month in the Premier League - wish I was there with you. Herk
          exactly, from what I read Premier League can be harsh even from the start. NH by the way, lucky this player didn't hit runner flush or others come in with the limp and hit all sorts of scenarios. umbup:

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.